FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I recently bought a 50hp Mercury. The guy I bought it from wasn't sure what year it was. The serial # is 7181784. I was also thinking of getting a good prop but I'm not sure what would be the best fit for this motor.<br /><br />Thanks
That's a 1982 50hp you have there (Canadian S/N). The best fit prop matches that engine to your boat. It will allow your engine to operate in it's WOT RPM Range while the boat is lightly and heavily loaded.<br />If you can find out what size your current propeller is, and what RPMs it hits at full throttle on your boat while lightly loaded, then you can begin shoping for a new prop.<br /><br />Hope this helps some!