Year 2000 225 Evinrude Ficht No Oil light

doug brander

Seaman Apprentice
Was running back from offshore when almost home motor slowed a little then sped back up then started to run very rough - all within 15 seconds - so I throttled back and then the No Oil light lit and the warning horn started. I'm hopeing the no oil problem caused the motor to slow down and run rough as an intentional software safety/precaution.
Throttled all the way down and shut it down right away. Checked it to see if it would start. It does, but since light remains on I won't run it untill I figure out what's causing it. Checked oil tank - plenty full. I have the software and cable - it may reveal some trouble codes.
Guesses anyone?
My guesses:
1) Oil pump crapped out
2) restriction in oil lines or filter if there is one- seems unlikly since it's been happy for a long time.
3) pick up tube fell off inside tank - I seriously doubt it.
4) electrical problem with oil pump/system - doubt it motor is very clean

I also am wondering if I can change the pump without removing the lower shrouds and with the motor still in the water?

doug brander

Seaman Apprentice
Re: Year 2000 225 Evinrude Ficht No Oil light

OK. Code 34 Oil pump solonoid open circuit - S.L.O.W. activated.
I cleared the code.
I replaced the oil pump.
No Oil still lit / sounded horn.
Replaced fuse #1.
All happy - for now.......

Wonder if the old oil pump actually blew the fuse? I metered it out and it read 6 OHMS.
Forgot to meter the new one before I installed it. Doh!

doug brander

Seaman Apprentice

Now I find out that the No Oil lite switch is on the oil lift pump - a single wire is attached to it there.

Still wondering why fuse#1 blew yet is happy now.

sabinki

Cadet

Well I have a Pair of 2004 225 and the same thing has happened to me the local evenrude stealer put a new oil pump $750.00 and sent me on my way and I was in the Bahamas when it blow the fuse again so I replaced the fuse and it ran fine for over 50 hours until I went in a fishing tournament then the fuse blow again so I just replaced the fuse and it would no longer start. The end result was the EMM was intermittently going bad"So they Say".$2, 200 and I will let you now if that fixes my problem.

hydrasports03

Recruit
Re: Year 2003 250 Evinrude Ficht No Oil light

I am having the same issue with my motor and trying to trouble shoot. Anyone have any answers when they finally figured out the issue?

fichtin fla

Cadet

Hi Hydrasport....

I have exact problem with my 2001 225 Ficht. Sent EMM to DFI and they are working on it... I noticed Sabinki said the emm wa "intermittently going bad"... DId you get any resolution to this issue.... the key problem is that Fuse 1 in the PDP keeps blowing...Oil injector is "cool" to the touch" and tests correctly at resistance of 0.9 Ohms... all wires check out fine.. number 10 blue wire from the EMM to the Oil Injetor and the White/blue wire fine from Oil INjector to PDP.. any info will be a help thank you... Nick in Florida..
I am having the same issue with my motor and trying to trouble shoot. Anyone have any answers when they finally figured out the issue?