Yamaha OX66 will not start unless throttles are revved

bassman9

Recruit
This has been a pretty consistent problem over the last year. I have twin 225hp 2001 Yamaha OX66's and when I turn the keys to start them they both will start for a few seconds at very low RPMs then sputter out and stall. It will continue to do that unless I put the throttle into neutral and push it forward up to 1500 to 2000 rpms and let it sit there and warm up for several minutes. If I drop the throttle back down too quickly it will eventually stall out. And then sometimes I'll turn the key and you can hear it run for split second then it cuts out, you won't have enough time to push the throttle up.

Once both engines are warms up with runs and sounds great. But I know I should just be able to turn the key and not have to use the throttle to start the engines. All the maintenance has been done. When I first got the boat they would start up strong right away and go up to 1500 rpms until they were warm. Now it sounds very weak when they start like its struggling. I am going to check the LP pumps they are now a year old. Any ideas?