cousinabe
Senior Chief Petty Officer
Thread starter- Joined
- Nov 13, 2001
- Messages
- 765
I have twin 2000 Yamaha 200's on Parker 2520 Pilothouse.....both engines start and run great, however, if I run 4200 RPM's plus for any amount of time the alarm (solid tone) goes off on port engine. Not sure if the alarm is an over heat because the whole gauge is flashing (no Red). I shut the engine down for 5 minutes and it is good to go if I keep it below 4200 rpm's.
The engine does not go into RPM reduction mode.
I take the engines down after hearing the alarm, they dont shut down or reduce RPM's at all. That said, its only a few secs from when I hear the alarm until i shut down the port engine.
The impellers were changed this spring. I cleaned the poppit valve which was not clogged. Will be changing the t-stats soon.
Does anyone have any suggestions ?
VST filter? O2 sensor?
thanks for your help !
The engine does not go into RPM reduction mode.
I take the engines down after hearing the alarm, they dont shut down or reduce RPM's at all. That said, its only a few secs from when I hear the alarm until i shut down the port engine.
The impellers were changed this spring. I cleaned the poppit valve which was not clogged. Will be changing the t-stats soon.
Does anyone have any suggestions ?
VST filter? O2 sensor?
thanks for your help !