Yamaha key switch mount horizontal

maineiac5586

Chief Petty Officer
I have to mount my key switch panel sideways for my 2001 130 v4 2 stroke due to space issues. This puts the key switch in a position that makes it look like it's on even when off. I tried rotating the switch 180 degrees but same thing. Due to the flats on the switch body and panel. Any way to make this sit so it looks normal? My ocd isn't liking this lol. In this picture key is off but looks on. I thought about grinding the flats out of the bezel but then the whole switch might want to rotate

Attachments

• 20240219_070840.jpg
    20240219_070840.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 4

KJM

Lieutenant Junior Grade
I have to mount my key switch panel sideways for my 2001 130 v4 2 stroke due to space issues. This puts the key switch in a position that makes it look like it's on even when off. I tried rotating the switch 180 degrees but same thing. Due to the flats on the switch body and panel. Any way to make this sit so it looks normal? My ocd isn't liking this lol. In this picture key is off but looks on. I thought about grinding the flats out of the bezel but then the whole switch might want to rotate
If on back there are 2 separate switches for the ignition and emergency shut off, you might be able to cut the mount plate in two along that white line and then mount both side by side facing up. Personally I would just get used to looking at it sideways.

maineiac5586

Chief Petty Officer
If on back there are 2 separate switches for the ignition and emergency shut off, you might be able to cut the mount plate in two along that white line and then mount both side by side facing up. Personally I would just get used to looking at it sideways.
Good idea. 👍

99yam40

Fleet Admiral
grind the plat so the switch will fit in the position you want.
you can always use some 5200 to hold it from turning

boscoe99

Lieutenant Commander
One option would be to get two individual switch plate panels and transfer your components from the old single switch plate panel to the individual switch plate panels. Then mount the new switch plate panels side by side. Kill switch on what ever side is preferred.

maineiac5586

Chief Petty Officer
One option would be to get two individual switch plate panels and transfer your components from the old single switch plate panel to the individual switch plate panels. Then mount the new switch plate panels side by side. Kill switch on what ever side is preferred.

I like that. Where did you find those? Have any part numbers?

maineiac5586

Chief Petty Officer

I just found them. Bought just the bezel for key and the single kill switch part. Thanks