Yamaha I/O power steering lines

rsperry108

Recruit
I have a 95 Hurricane deck boat with a 5.7 Yamaha motor I need the high pressure and low pressure lines has anyone had to replace them and if so where did you locate them. Also is there a universal that may work? I have read articles and it seems Captain Ken is very familiar with the Yamaha but I didn't know how to reach him directly

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
I have a 95 Hurricane deck boat with a 5.7 Yamaha motor I need the high pressure and low pressure lines has anyone had to replace them and if so where did you locate them. Also is there a universal that may work? I have read articles and it seems Captain Ken is very familiar with the Yamaha but I didn't know how to reach him directly
welcome aboard.

you can take your old lines to any good hydraulic shop and they can make you new lines.

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
Update
Unfortunately when I got the boat the lines were not there.
the return line is easy. its just a 3/8" Power Steering return line. the difficulty will be the fitting at the actuator and identifying which of the 24 variations of hydraulic port is there

the pressure line at the back of the pump is easy, that is a standard 5/8-16 thread for an SAE inverted flare tube nut. a 2400 psi hydraulic line is needed. however the fitting at the actuator needs to be identified.

start googling to identify the Yamaha end of it. the GM Saginaw pump end is easy