FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I've got a 2006 Yamaha F250 that I am rebuilding. The crank has staining on the journals as seen in the photo. Any issues with this? Should I polish the journals or leave one? It is smooth to the touch with no pitting.
I don't really care what the crank measures. The bearings are on order from yamaha based on the crank #'s (they offer 3 different sizes) I will install and plastigage them to make sure they will work with the crank. It is a low hours motor with no visible wear on any bearing surfaces. Despite this I am going all new since I am in here. Hoping for no surprises based on the above.