Yamaha f115 tlry losing prime during idle

crazy charlie

Vice Admiral
ahicks said:
Those pumps could be in perfect condition, but if the low pressure is sucking air, it would act just like the OP describes. How old is the quick connect on the front of the motor? If using a remote tank, what about that connector?
Cant imagine why anyone would assume the fuel pumps "could be in perfect condition" ???? Change them for $100 and solve your problem. Charlie

ahicks

Captain
Cant imagine why anyone would assume the fuel pumps "could be in perfect condition" ???? Change them for $100 and solve your problem. Charlie
Well, see if you can imagine this. What if the pumps are sucking air due to an issue somewhere between the fuel pick up and the pump? If you replace the pumps, will that fix the fact the fuel line leading to them has a leak? Not where I come from.

My point was, rather than throwing parts and money at an issue, take a minute and do some troubleshooting....

Or don't. I don't care....

rogika

Cadet
Well, see if you can imagine this. What if the pumps are sucking air due to an issue somewhere between the fuel pick up and the pump? If you replace the pumps, will that fix the fact the fuel line leading to them has a leak? Not where I come from.

My point was, rather than throwing parts and money at an issue, take a minute and do some troubleshooting....

Or don't. I don't care....
post 18.