Yamaha 703 Remote Control...I'm LOST!

I have just resumed my restoration of an old 1980 Skandia CC after an extended vacation in Afghanistan. Which includes gutting it completely! You can read about that mess on the resto thread. However, I'm running into a few problems including re-assembling the remote control that links to my 1998 150 hp Saltwater Series. I took it apart and cleaned it before I left, and like all the knowledgable people out there reccommend I took pictures (with my cell in this case) so I could just follow them in reverse order to put everything back in place. As it happens my phone broke and the pictures are gone, unrecovereble. I can put the mechanical peices back together without too much trouble and a little guidance from my SELOC Manual, which is an invaluable asset as far as I am concerned. The issue I am having is connecting the wiring to the neutral safety switch, alarm horn, and kill switch from the wires protruding from the ignition switch. The manual just says connect like colors and your done! I have no like colors and there is the problem. I have red, blue, black, brown, yellow and white coming from the ignition switch. On the other end its black and white from the kill switch, pink and yellow from the horn and two browns from the neutral safety switch. I know its easier most of the time with pictures but every pic i took looked like an indescernable mess of wires as always ANY help is appreciated cus I dont know where to go from here! Thanks guys (I wish there was a smiley face that means holy S#!T where do I go from here?)

Last edited:

99yam40

Fleet Admiral
Re: Yamaha 701 Remote Control...I'm LOST!

http://www.maxrules.com/fixyamahawiring.html

See if this color code chart will help

Here is something on the 703, but I could not find anything on the 701
hope it helps

Attachments

• 703 schematic.pdf
    39.7 KB · Views: 4

thanks for the information, last night after I posted this I did run into that yammy wiring chart, which I thought would resolve my problems. The colors dont seem to make sense though. I will have to sit down and take a look at that wiring diagram but at first glance that and the color chart might get it together.

ok in reference to the title of this post not only am I lost...I'm an idiot, its a 703 remote