Yamaha 4SG leaking water around tilt lock plate pin

I noticed when running in a barrel, my 4SG ('88 4HP) has some water leaking out around the pin that pushes up on the tilt lock plate when the engine is in forward gear. See picture below. Can anyone help me identify which seals/gaskets I need to order?

I _think_ part #11 in this link is the grommet I'm pointing at, but I doubt that does any actual sealing, just keeping grit out - https://www.crowleymarine.com/yp/OA239366/upper-casing-bracket-4sg-1988-4hp

Should I just order the "lower unit gasket kit", #26, from here? - https://www.crowleymarine.com/yp/ZN784225/repair-kit-4sg-1988-4hp

Here's a picture, the water seems to be coming out around the grommet that surrounds the pin.

Thanks!!

vhoAU6h.jpg

I just had it running in a drum again and noticed that along with bubbling water and pressure (appears to be exhaust?) around that pin/grommet, it also bubbles out around this black plug on the side. I pulled the plug and shined a flashlight up the exhaust and noticed this whole area is just open. Am I overthinking it and this whole upper casing area is filled with water/exhaust pressure when the engine is running and I'm just seeing some exhaust pressure bubbling some water out? Maybe this is all normal and I'm the one in the wrong lol.

RXXBBwP.jpg

saltchuckmatt

Lieutenant Commander
I just had it running in a drum again and noticed that along with bubbling water and pressure (appears to be exhaust?) around that pin/grommet, it also bubbles out around this black plug on the side. I pulled the plug and shined a flashlight up the exhaust and noticed this whole area is just open. Am I overthinking it and this whole upper casing area is filled with water/exhaust pressure when the engine is running and I'm just seeing some exhaust pressure bubbling some water out? Maybe this is all normal and I'm the one in the wrong lol.

RXXBBwP.jpg
I had a newer 4 hp but the leg configuration was the same. The rubber cover is where you disconnect the shift linkage....Never really looked at mine but I wouldn't be surprised at all to see water coming out from the spot you pointed out.

Did you check head temperature?

QBhoy

Fleet Admiral
You need to get the gearbox off it and make sure your impeller housing assembly and tube is put together right.