FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I just purchased this motor. 105 compression on all cylinders. Are these readings low? Also i am new to these oil injection systems. How reliable are these? I am tempted to bypass and used pre mixed fuel.
how often do you drain and check/clean strainer? when the tank is drained is that a good way to test the low oil alarm? is there a better way to test it?
drain the oil into a clean glass jar so you can see any condensate/moisture.
if it is good oil you can put it back in after turning on the key and timing how long it takes for the pump to fill the tank back up.
the alarm should sound when low and stop alarming when filled back up
well I was totally wrong on this motor.
what can I say, but sorry.
but I would think that the oil tank should have a drain on it coming from the very bottom.
water is heavier so that should come out 1st.
as it drains the alarm should sound.
once completely drained you pull the float assembly out and clean the tank,
clean or replace the strainer on the bottom of the float assembly and the put clean oil back in