FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I have a 1989 200 etx that will only turn a little over 2 grand while in gear.It has turned as high as 3 grand but I can't get it to do it now. It will rev in neutral It would rev till I blew it up that way. Any one have a clue on this?
Hello freind,I would start with the fuel.Check all filters and replace,rebuild carbs as per service manuale,adjust float level carfully,rebuild pumps,do a synchronization.check thread posts on fuel.
Thanks for the info, I have been through the carbs and adjusted the floats. After reading your post I got to thinking about the pumps so I unhooked an outlet line. I had 1 pump not pumping. I took it apart and didn't find anything obvious wrong. I put it back together and ran it and it pumped. Hopefully this will clear up my problem. Thanks for the help.
I know this is an old thread, again..but how this issue ended, please don't forget to finished those threads, that way they could be more meaningfully.
Thanks