Yamaha 1997 v76 s250 tech help needed

skipper6567

Cadet
This engine starts right up but runs rough at idle and no power, I have been diagnosing intermittent random loss of spark. I attached digital timing light to #1 and get steady 2* BTDC at idle, It then may lose spark to #1 so move timing lead to #2 and have spark working there as well as #4 and 6 but at same time #1 no spark #3 no spark and #5 intermittent spark. Then a few mins later check all 6 again its been idle the entire time and #1 spark #3 #5 all spark and NO spark at 246. I know frpm manual and rodbolt this drops 2 and 5. It wont go much over 2K rpm under load. I tested stator trigger cps for resistance and were good. I just purchased oem mercury DVA tester said used once so I have not been able to do a running[loaded]testing for outputs. My main question for right now is the timing at 2*BDTC every outboard Ive ever worked on idle time is tdc or most ATDC. My info is time is controlled by the tps{wich is within spec and gradual increase} cps only controls #3 and 4# spark? yes, I did find a problem #3 carb enrichment solonoid spraying fuel when key on engine not running. Electric enrichment pump runs all time with key in on position. Is this because #3 spraying fuel all the time or is there a pressure cutout for this pump. I see the hose creates loop so I ass u me no pressure cutout. This mechanically is sound I believe plugs look good, compression is 125 all 6, My hope is to properly diagnose so I dont purchase parts that dont fix and not needed as they are expensive. The diagnostic lamp I was going to get[I still am cuz its a tool needed for the trade} but from reading rodbolt and manual timing will lock at 7* btdc if there is a sensor failure. If i disconnect temp sensor,tps no change in engine, Fuel pumps no leaks,all carbs open and cleaned as well as inspected all reeds. All carbs have fuel, I know this post will need the dva outputs to be able to dignose but sometimes its one of the little things that a 2nd person look will point out. Motor has been perfect for years except last outing end of last season. He got hot alarm and engine slowed, He putted back and alarm was off. He installed new impeller and low pressure fuel pump,plugs before this season started. The engine hasnt run right since. I cant see any connection?? you? Lastly my timming light is bosch and is brand new,also used my old time light as well as pen inductive spark tester, Tested spark and all jump 7/16 crisp. My conclusion so far is failing stator ,trigger, and lastly computer/cdi. We all know these aint cheap and not returnable so Im here, Thanks in advance to all Rodbolt as you said these v76 can/will kick ur but. Learning lots about the v76 thats for sure,, Is there any test for carb enrichment solonoid?