Yamaha 150 VMAX

NBE

Petty Officer 1st Class
I am looking at getting another boat which has a 2000 Yamaha 150 VMAX. The model number is V150TLRY, which I think is a carbed model, not fuel injected? Does anyone have any input or comments as far as the reliability of this motor, any known problems, maintenance issues, etc.? <br /><br />I am also a little concerned with gas usage, especially with the price of gas these days. This boat has a 30 gallon tank. Fairly close to a hundred bucks these days just to fill it up. If you keep the throttle cut back some and not run at WOT all of the time, are these motors fairly fuel efficient as compared to other 150's?<br /><br />Thanks to you all for your input.

kmurphy75

Recruit
Re: Yamaha 150 VMAX

I have that same motor and love it. Mine is EFI and the trp edition which gives you 2 props. It is the same model number so I would assume yours would be the same motor. The motor comes stock with a low water pickup so that you can raise the motor up and still have good water pressure and gas savings.

NBE

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Yamaha 150 VMAX

Test drove the boat and motor last Wednesday and bought the rig Thursday. Motor is on a 19' xpress and will simply run away if you let it. What a motor!!