So would a failing primer start cause the rpms to drop on cold start??? If I'm backing the boat off the trailer I have to give it a little more throttle or the rpms slowly drop... Once it's warm it don't seem to be an issue...
Just so I'm clear when you say set the idle are you talking about the throttle stop screw or the pilot jet??? I'm gonna go back over the owner and service manual but not sure it said what rpms should be in gear at idle??? Pretty sure it's at about 950 give or take now...You’ll get a back pressure on the exhaust, the deeper into the water you go. Set up the idle speed when she’s warmed up and in gear at idle. You’ll be good there after. Just as long as there aren’t other issues like a carb clean required. Setting things up when the carb is in doubt…just means you’re compensating