Yamaha 130 outboard (2003) won’t jump on plane quick when full throttle from a standstill

Pkressyamaha

Recruit
For some reason the engine won’t respond when I full throttle from a standstill. It hesitates / almost bogs. Then - it will eventually plane out and seems like top speed is what I’m used to. The engine Won’t respond as quick as it normally does. Like when I want to pull a skier up. Thanks for your help in advance.

mike_i

Master Chief Petty Officer
Does it sound like the motor is starved for fuel? Filters clean? What size boat?

Pkressyamaha

Recruit
Does it sound like the motor is starved for fuel? Filters clean? What size boat?
It kinda does. Like it’s looking for an injection of fuel. It’s a 2 stroke. On an 18’ fish n ski combo. Filters should all be clean. Going to check the plugs today.

Just seems strange as it was firing on all cylinders last time I took it out.

mike_i

Master Chief Petty Officer
What condition is the primer bulb in when it acts up? If it's compressed try pumping it and open the gas cap and see what happens.

airshot

Rear Admiral
When was the last time the notor had a complete tuneup....plugs, fuel system cleanout, new filters etc ??

racerone

Supreme Mariner
Water in the fuel ?-----Oil injection tested and working properly ?----Start with a compression test.----Post the numbers.-----Then do a spark check as it sounds like it is running on 3 of 4 cylinders.-----