yamaha 05 175hp HPDI - Where does clear tubing go?

modicon2

Seaman Apprentice
Thread starter
Joined
Apr 17, 2008
Messages
48
Greetings,
I've got a 2005 Yamaha 175hp HPDI. There is a ~1/4" clear tubing that come straight off the top of motor (compression nut) that appears to route down engine and go into the bundle of wire/cables that come out front of motor (big flex hose covering) across splash well and into hull.

The tubing had a split in it right above the compression nut and was shooting water out. I was able to temporary fix it on the lake by cutting a small section off and reconnecting it. I'm consider replacing hose and redoing the compression nut fitting.

What is this tubing for? Where does it go?

Thanks!
 

mike_i

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Joined
Jun 28, 2017
Messages
1,052
Are you able to trace out the entire length of the tube? Do you have a water pressure gauge on the dash, if so is it working?
 

modicon2

Seaman Apprentice
Thread starter
Joined
Apr 17, 2008
Messages
48
It does go to the water pressure gauge in dash. Thanks!
 
Top