yam gauge - fuel level + temp icon

scottoz

Seaman
my 93 Yammy 115 was installed with the 2 guages. One has the tach, trim and oil warnings, the other has ancillary things - seems to have a temp icon, a trip metre a clock and a fuel icon with level indicator. I take it the fuel is for a yammy sender that would sit in the tank (its flashing, but I have no sender to tell it not to - i should just disconnect the plug on that sensor - I have a Navman fuel flow meter) but I was wondering about the temp symbol - does it just flash when the heat alarm goes off or should it give me reading when I set the mode to it. Does that make sense? Thanks

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner
Re: yam gauge - fuel level + temp icon

Hello<br /> On the ancillary meter. that Icon I belive is a water in fuel. some yammi's have the sensor built on the motor filter . others you can buy an optionbal water seperator with a water detection circuit. if the flshing fuel level is driving you nuts tie the withe wire to the black wire and it will just read full at all times. the tach if new enough will have the over temp icon that will illuminate when the alarm is triggered along with an audible alarm. that is easy to test.<br /> good luck and keep posting