Yam 30 DEO 3cylinder -88 2-stroke won't rev up under load

jasell

Seaman
Hi,

When in gear and given full throttle the rpm increase just a little bit, the only diffference is the sound, which is more "hollow", I guess that is from the air intake being fully opened. If no gear it revs fine.

The engine always starts on the first or second try, even after sitting still for a long period, like over winter. It requires choke during the first few seconds.

When running without hood and the air intake cover I can here a low whining sounds, I can't says if its normal or not.

I kind of running of Ideas what to check for, so I'm about to bring it to the local marina. I hate to throw in the towel :-( ...

This is what I tried:
-------------------------
Cleaned carbs (several times, I finally got all the nozzles out) the main problem persists but I belive it runs "smooter".

I checked compression, which was fine I guess (120, 120 and 115 PSI), I read somewhere in my Clymers guide it should be above 75 PSI or you had serious problem. I tested an a warm engine having the throttle opened.

New fuel and "better" fuel, 99 octane (without etanol), I normally run 95 octane (without etanol).

Spark plugs, replaced last year, looks fine still (light oil and tanned, gap is according to spec, 1 mm).

I know that the pilot screws have been forced in at some point and probably needs to be replaced but that shouldn't have an effect my main problem.

I have checked the lower gear, new oil and it rotates free and gear sets easily.

Last year I replaced the impeller and I cleaned all water intakes/inlets. I have a massive jet of cooling water coming out, even while starting.

I checked all linkage for timing setups and it looks alright, I have no instruments so I can't check timing with stroboscope though.

My last hint:
-----------------
I have Autolube system, could there be something wrong there? Could the oil level sensor be bad and give a false low oil-reading that trigger a RPM-limiter? I can't hear any warning sound (don't know if there is a buzzer), there is a warning lamp that is broken .

Any ideas appriciated