FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I would like to know how to get the carrier out. I have the crown ring off but I am not sure how to remove the carrier if anyone could help. I am trying to change all the seals.
Remove the carrier nut (crown ring??) and either use a puller or slide hammer to ease it out. There will be a small square key at the 6 o'clock postion so dont lose it. Be careful as if the propshaft comes out there will be a follower(pointy piece) and 3 small s/s ball bearings that will fall into housing or floor. Go slow and everything should be allright..