Xcursion Pontoon. Need feedback on purchase

Bradley17

Recruit
Looking to buy a new 20ft Xcursion pontoon with a 50hp. Anyone have any experience with this boat 460 acre lake. What is max MPH while tubing?

ahicks

Captain
Re: max speed for tubing, if you fall off doing 25mph, it can hurt. There's no way I would go that fast unless the tuber was experienced and requesting that kind of speed. A 50hp engine on a 20' boat is too small for tubing. Twice that probably comes closer.

mpilot

Seaman
I couldn't find a test with a 50 but with a 90 Mercury the top speed was 24 and 26 with the 90 Etec but those boats had slightly longer pontoons. This actually can help speed in a non planing setup but I still think it would equate. A 20ft Bentley with a 60 EFI goes right around 20. With a 50 on that boat you are getting I would expect to see mid to high teens at best. You won't have any problem seeing max speed for a tube on that setup, and honestly it won't be a lot of fun for the bigger kids. Even though you lake is smaller, I second the above poster saying you need to get something in the 90-115 hp range to make it a decent tubing setup.