Wrong Plugs? 120 force Help!

baylinerboater

Recruit
Thread starter
Joined
Oct 10, 2005
Messages
1
I have a rubabout with a 1995 model force 120 outboard 4 cyl. I bought this boat and the previous owner took me out and the engine started good and opened up great. The next week I picked up the boat and apparently the owners son put in some motorcraft 2852 spark plugs. Now the engines is easily flooded and hard to start.I found out the right plugs cost 12 dollars each. I suppose this is why the wal-mart plugs are installed. Can someone tell me if these plugs are possible the problem? If so, what is the recommended plug for this engine? Please post or email mek@duo-county.com mek@duo-county.com
 

springhead

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Joined
Sep 17, 2004
Messages
184
Re: Wrong Plugs? 120 force Help!

IS it the plugs you dont have to gap.<br />the autolite number you posted is the right one then.<br />heres an NGK part number<br /><br /><br />NGK<br />BUZHW
 

roscoe

Supreme Mariner
Joined
Oct 30, 2002
Messages
21,961
Re: Wrong Plugs? 120 force Help!

My book says to use NGK BUHW, about $2.75. Mercury has them for about $5.<br /><br />Shop around online, do a google search.
 

Scaaty

Vice Admiral
Joined
May 31, 2004
Messages
5,180
Re: Wrong Plugs? 120 force Help!

NGK BUHW...good nuff....couple bux Boaters World
 

tomcatcain

Cadet
Joined
Oct 16, 2005
Messages
29
Re: Wrong Plugs? 120 force Help!

My 1998 120 force calls for champion L76V spark plugs,Plate on motor has this plug on it.
 
Top