Would you let your daughter...

Homerr

Commander
Re: Would you let your daughter...

LOL Boomyal..<br /><br />I can't remember the comedians name (off of the Blue Collar Comedy Tour).. when he said..<br /><br />(short version)<br /><br />"Look at the boy straight in the eye and say, "If you and her start feeling like you want to... you know... Just remember this... I don't have no problems going back to prison"<br /><br /><br />ROFL!!<br /><br />H.

Eggkr8

Petty Officer 1st Class

I agree with JB. Let her date him, it is just one year. Yes, College and High school are two different stages. One of the big jokes of first three years as a college freshman (kidding) was what I called the Freshman dumpings. This was when the girls and boys would come to school praising love and devotion to their significant others back home. Within three weeks, they were on the phone breaking up because the met the coolest boy/girl (or both!) at college.<br /><br />It's part of the cycle, let them date, break up learn from it and grow a little<br /><br />Then again, my brother was engaged to his wife at the age of 16 and they stayed together through college married right after and still are today (married in 1988).<br /><br />Watch a 'Girls gone Wild' video and you will be pleased that an age difference of one year is the biggest problem you have with your daughter

one more cast

Captain

When my youngest daughter was 16 or 17 she was dating a kid I didn't like not one little bit. I just told him that if anything happened to my little girl that he would have to deal with me. She dated him for a few months and then moved on. After that I didn't stick my nose in their choices and still don't. I am now really close to my daughters and they both come to me for advise. I always try to get them to weight things out and make their own decisions.Sometimes they make the wrong ones but then they get stronger.

PW2

Commander

I agree with most of you all..<br /><br />I just went thru those years with mine...Ever since she was fourteen, she knew everything there was to know about any subject you care to know about---<br /><br />Well, every now and then she'd get her heart broken, and then we'd talk, usually in the wee hours of the morning...<br /><br />My favorite saying to her was "I know what boys are like, I used to be one"<br /><br />Anyway, we managed to make it thru the teenage years intact, with plenty of mistakes made, but none of the life altering variety, which was always the goal.<br /><br />She is now 23, and she still knows everything--all you have to do is ask her...The difference now is that she actually knows something, and I sleep a little better at night.

Homerr

Commander

I often think on what I'm going to say to the young man... Do I lightly threaten him, or welcome him?<br /><br />I guess that will depend on the situation.<br /><br />Both my daughters know I have high standards (what father doesn't), and so far they've followed suit (with the excpetion of a few that my oldest dumped quickly :) )<br /><br />I often tell them if you bring a boy home that has earings, then he'd better be wearing a dress!<br /><br />It's been tough for them. You see all the fads these days and try to remember when you were in school and the crazy stuff you did.<br />I may be a little strict in that area, but my kids are handling it well (it woudl seem anyway) <br /><br />I too use that phrase... " I know exactly what young boys are like" ... :) <br /><br />H.

Mark42

Fleet Admiral

My daughter is not allowed to turn 17.

Dunaruna

Admiral

Originally posted by Mark42:<br /> My daughter is not allowed to turn 17.
How? Please explain. If money is an issue, I'll send you plenty - just tell me HOW :confused: ;)

Mark42

Fleet Admiral

Ohh, if it were only possable. <br /><br />Friday my daughter (almost 6) was hangin' with me in the office for the afternoon. Co-worker says that she is going to be real trouble in 10 years when the boys start calling. 10 years???? I should be so lucky. I'm afraid it will be only 5 or 6 years.<br /><br />This is her in her in her bunny constume from the Wizard of Oz play put on by her dance school. She is 5 1/2 years old.
Ph2005-06-2500037s.jpg

Homerr

Commander

The boys will start courting when she's 10 or so... 16? You better have a shotgun and something for your nerves!<br /><br /><br />Cute kid!<br /><br /><br />H.