Would you feel safer?

Link

Rear Admiral
Re: Would you feel safer?

theriver , BoatBuoy <br />There is no reason for personal attacks here as this is a good topic on it's own

WillyBWright

Fleet Admiral

Something don't add up here. A guy named Soul Winner that's packin'. Seems like one of those oxymorons...like airline food. ;) <br /><br />OMC, that picture just makes me want to walk. :eek: Unless it's full of Swedish Cheerleaders. :D :D :D

cbnoodles

Chief Petty Officer

Originally posted by theriver:<br /> I've read some of your religious postings/messages SW and in some cases you've gone way off the deep end. I'd there fore suggest you aren't all that stable.<br />No. I definately would NOT feel safe with you having a gun on a plane.
SW, I thought you were only kidding when I opened this thread but it's obvious that many took it seriously. Along that line, I would agree with several people that it is not a good idea to have the public bearing arms on an airplane and I think the reasons are overwhelmingly against the idea.<br /><br />theriver,<br />Although I agree with your view that armed public citizens on airplanes would not be in our best interest I think you are as out of line as you've ever been with this response.<br /><br />SW's religious convictions have absolutely nothing to do with this thread and you have shown your true colors in making such a statement. While SW does come up with some extreme points of view, you should keep in mind that yours are, in turn, equally extreme. They are only different in that they are on the opposite end of the spectrum. Using your own logic, that would make you equally unstable.<br /><br />Here's an idea: MODERATION IN ALL THINGS! That includes responses to electronic postings on forums.

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Originally posted by WillyBWright:<br /> Something don't add up here. A guy named Soul Winner that's packin'. Seems like one of those oxymorons...like airline food. ;)
:D :D :D :D

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Originally posted by One More Cast:<br /> I think everyone should just fly in the nude with no carry ons. :D As far as civilians allowed to carry loaded weapons on a plane. No thank you.
You can already do that OMC, I'd post a link here but I think it'd get poofed. :eek:

Nos4r2

Lieutenant Commander

I think any gun on a plane is a pretty stupid idea.It only takes one incident to make an awful mess-don't forget that as well as depressurisation the cabin walls and floor are filled with the equipment that keeps the plane in the air.However much redundancy is built in it can't cover every eventuality.<br /><br />The sealed bulletproof cockpit is a darn good idea-how about linking that to a gas release system that will simply knock out everyone outside of the cockpit in the event of a hijack?

Realgun

Commander

how about linking that to a gas release system that will simply knock out everyone outside of the cockpit in the event of a hijack?<br />
No that kind of gas does not exist. You talking small people large people and strange people. :) <br /><br />You might accidently kill a kid and thats not good.<br /><br />If the cockpit was truly secur ethen the pilots can just fly the plane. That way if a hijacker wanted the plane he cant do anything except place a bomb on board and blow it up.

Nos4r2

Lieutenant Commander

Good point. (silly idea coming up) Why not just flood the plane with laughing gas... At the concentration needed to knock out a kid it'd make the hijackers laugh so much they couldn't do anything anyway.... :)

RubberFrog

Rear Admiral

I say let off a stink bomb. Or just serve Taco Bell.

achris

More fish than mountain goat

Well done SW. 47 out of 50 for this one.

deputydawg

Lieutenant Commander

About 99.9% of people with permits can be trusted. I have arrested people for violent crimes using guns that had a permit and no history of anything. People are human and can snap.<br />Also if a person draws a gun on another, if they are not committed to action the gun will be taken away and used against them. <br />I have had travelers ask what kind of gun to buy for protection while traveling. I always say buy a dog instead. Unless the person is committed to take a life if needed, they shouldn't carry a gun. The gun is for their own feeling of protection, but usually is used against them. There are a lot of people out there who do carry and are responsible and would use it properly if needed.<br />I personally carry a gun everywhere I go because of who I am. But when we go boating, camping, vacationing, anything out of this area I won't even bring it along. In 34 years I have never needed one. It used to give me this good warm fuzzy to know I was armed, now it is a pain in the rear. Ever try to accessorize with handguns? What goes with black, what goes with walnut, what goes with stainless etc. Just too much hassle.

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

Originally posted by SoulWinner:<br /> ...why not let licensed concealed carry people carry their weapons on the plane? ... What are your thoughts??
no, no, no, no, please, please, please, no, no, no please no firearms on my airplanes, please!<br /><br />Some of you guys got some good ideas that are actually kicking around, I'll let you figure out which ones. :) <br /><br />BTW, roscoe, aircraft are airtight, at least, commercial passenger jet aircraft with pressurized cabins. In 1988 Aloha Airlines Flight 243 experienced an explosive decompression due to a small crack in the fuselage. All the passengers were buckled into their seats, but one flight attendant was swept out of the cabin and lost at sea. The pressure inside the cabin changes in response to changes in atmospheric pressure outside the cabin.

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral

Seems like they could manufacture the cockpit to be completely seperated from the cabin. The pilots enter through their own door. That way there wouldn't be any possible way of getting in from the passenger compartment.<br /><br />Also I recall one designer had come up with plans to build a plane that had individual passenger compartments. Each compartment was equiped with a parachute and rollcage. His belief was to make the plane easier to break apart to allow more survivors from a crash. It sounded good to me, but the problem would have been the cost to produce it.<br /><br />As for guns onboard? It won't get my vote....