Would you buy from ebay seller with private feedback?

jtexas

Fleet Admiral
A seller with 126 positive from 84 members, and 3 negatives (87%)?<br /><br />Marking your feedback private prevents others from reading the comments but doesn't hide the score.<br /><br />What if he has something you really really want really really cheap?<br /><br />thanks,

Homerr

Commander
Re: Would you buy from ebay seller with private feedback?

I'd send him a general question about the item... If he responds in a reasonable amount of time... I think you'd be OK.<br /><br />Why is he private? Is he selling 'questionable' items such as adult material? Maybe that's why he wants to remain anonymous.<br /><br />3 dings out of 126 isn't bad. Most of the time those dings are from noob buyers.<br /><br />H.

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

I'd write him and ask why his feedback is private.

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

I don't hide anything and I don't think that being that private on e-bay is a good thing. I would keep searching.<br /><br />Bob

Bondo

Staff member

Originally posted by Boomyal:<br /> I'd write him and ask why his feedback is private.
Ayuh,........ That's What I'd Do.........<br /><br />Private is Usually a Bad Thing on ebay.......

Homerr

Commander

I have to disagree a little on that fellas...<br />A private feedback isn't always bad, but of course it would be in the sellers best interest to NOT privatize it.<br /><br />There are lots of sellers on there that have private feedback due to the nature of what they are selling (adult stuff for example)<br /><br />3 dings out of 100+ isn't that bad... Risky? A little. How much we talking?<br /><br />Bomyal and Bondo are correct... Definitely shoot him an e-mail, or call him.<br /><br />Heck, give us the auction #... We'll all ask him!<br /><br /> :) <br /><br /><br />H.

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

A woman bought some stuff from me, and I left some initially positive feedback, then she left me negative feedback, then I added to my feedback to correct her lies (100% lies) after which she changed hers to private.<br /><br />Before she changed hers to private, I raed some comments from others and they also said she was a psycho.<br /><br />So beware of the psychos.<br /><br />Ken

KaGee

Admiral

J...<br /><br />If you want it go for it... it's not like you are betting the ranch on it.<br /><br />Scammers are usually interested in bigger tickets.

tylerin

Commander

Obviously there's something in her feedback he doesn't want anybody to read. To me whats the point of having feedback if you keep it a secret. Since I'm one that determines whether or not to buy by looking at ones feedback I'd have to pass

Terry H

Lieutenant Commander

what do want that junk for...are you in a race with someone to see how much junk you can get into your garage? jmho Chief ;)

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

Thanks for your concern, chief. Some of my rods got stolen on a campout last month - a little bit of junk would tide me over.<br /><br /> :)

LubeDude

Admiral

Thanks, Ill be bidding against ya. :p :p <br /><br />Na, I wouldnt do that to ya. :rolleyes:

davemaxi1970

Petty Officer 1st Class

Looked at the site ,must have been some very bad feedback ,but they seem to be behaving themselves now .go fot it!

NathanY

Commander

How do you get 126 with only 84 members. You cant. A members feedback will only count once, no metter how many they leave for you.

Nos4r2

Lieutenant Commander

you can have 126 positive comments left by 84 members. It means they've had a lot of repeat business.<br /><br />Feedback rating is calculated by how many individual members have left positive.

NathanY

Commander

Yes, but your feedback will only be 84.

Nos4r2

Lieutenant Commander

I think what he meant was 3 dings out of 126 comments left. Repeat business usually points to a good trader-but I'm wary of private feedback anyway. A lot of people will leave a negative comment with a positive feedback rating to avoid getting a negative in return.

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

Nate, ebay reports total number of feedbacks in addition to the "feedback score" which is as you say, one per individual.<br /><br />Much as I'd love to have a Team Diawa, with two years of tournament use on his reels I'm not going very high anyway.<br /><br />thanks for the opinions.

Realgun

Commander

You can have it. I will got to wallyworld and get the cheaper 1 with the pole attached. :D <br /><br />No if only the hydrolics worked!