Worst boating day of my life

H20Rat

Vice Admiral
Re: Worst boating day of my life

S on the way to the lake mmy hub on my trailer busted.. I put the boat in the water and as I was pulling away, the ****ing wheel fell off..

so we are cruising on the lake and BAM! apparently we hit the only mound that is somehow in the middle of the lake almost..

Murphy is an avid boater! I've long ago learned to see the warning signs of murphy wanting to go for a ride, and having something major happen to the trailer before putting it in is usually the first sign. Its best to get home as soon as possible and get AWAY from the boat for the day!

I've had similar boating days to yours, and its never just one thing that happens, it always comes in at least two's or three's.

cheejudo

Seaman

Haha thanks guys.. The texas avatar is well... an oklahoma thing :) But I got a wrecker to haul it to a trailer repair place.. should be done today.. as for the boat.. the cops talked to the marina store place and they are letting me keep it there till tonight.. So now my issues is getting the boat onto the trailer.

about the lower unit.. the prop spins slowly at idle and it actually spun faster than idle speed for a couple seconds when i gave gas then it would just turn super slow.. hopefully i can get it out and to the shop today so maybe I can be back in the water by next weekend!

'78 Crusader

Chief Petty Officer

You may have spun your propellor hub....check that first.

blifsey

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Is there location near shore where you could pull prop while boat is in the water? If it is a spun hub, you could then put on a replacement which would at least get boat back in working order. Then, get current hub repaired and you'll have a spare - which is always a good thing.

RogersJetboat454

Commander

Do you happen to have a spare prop, or know someone with a spare prop that will fit your drive? If you feel as though you could change the prop where the boat is docked, try that out and see if the boat moves.

freelancer

Petty Officer 1st Class

Nice to have you home!

Welcome back...to boating :p, good luck with your repair.

cheejudo

Seaman

goodd news!! trailer was fixed! it was quick and cheap! i went and picked the boat up, me and my brother only took about 5 minutes to load it up like some pros! took it to the shop and bought a 19 pitch prop and the changed it right there for free.. it was the little plastic hub that is designed to break on impact.... they took off the prop and the shattered peices fell right out. i can finally relax now :p

blifsey

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Great news and in time for a holiday weekend!