World Cup Basketball

Ross J

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Hey man!<br />Semi finals eh!<br />Well done New Zealand.<br />Who'd have thought it!!<br />Not at all bad for a wee country down under. These things make us all proud and keep us thinking we can do anything! Now if only the All Blacks can win the World cup in Oz..........<br />Ross

62_Kiwi

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Re: World Cup Basketball

Good on the Tall Blacks !!<br /><br />What a game it was...on the edge until the last couple of seconds! whooohooo !! :D

sloopy

Commander

What game? was it the lakers?

Ross J

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Sloopy, there's the World Cup of Basketball being played in Indianapolis (excuse spelling). The Kiwi team is called the "Tall Blacks" and has risen through the ranks against a large number of odds. We expected to be knocked out some time ago and are amazed but chuffed to see the "Tall Blacks" going so far.<br />For a country of only 4 million I think this is proof of the good old saying that we can do anything.<br />After all there's the "All Blacks", the Americas Cup (sailing), Jet sprint champions, Cycling, Boxing, Rugby sevens, where does it end.......<br />Ross

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

I congratulate the Tall Blacks! Those Kiwis are examples of what can be done if you are determined enough. :)

495v

Chief Petty Officer

I'm glad someone's happy because the U.S. team stunck it up. How can you blow a 58-0 record. They have all the second and third string player's representing the U.S. I think it's a shame that the top rated player's like Shaq, Kolby, Malone, Iverson, and others didn't want to participate. No money involved. That's why we got beat, no heart. Would have been better off letting the college player's play. Oh well, GO NEW ZEALAND, I'd rather see an under-dog win it.

Knoxes

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Yeah, we got slapped all around that courts, but watch out you Kiwi's ;) - Louis Viutton opens in a couple of weeks and we're making room on the shelf for that cup :D .

Ross J

Lieutenant Junior Grade

It couldn;t last could it?<br />Beaten by the world champions we are proud of the efforts and will hold our athletes as champions on their return.<br />Ross

62_Kiwi

Lieutenant Junior Grade

It was still a gutsy attempt and their overall performance is way beyond anyone's expectations. I'll be following the game against Germany.<br /><br />I heard that Rebel Sports have all sold out of basketballs back here in NZ... A good sign for the sport I think.<br /><br />Knoxes - we're really looking forward to the challenge for our America's Cup... :D

Knoxes

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Well, honestly, I can't recall ever seeing defeat on a Kiwi's face. The truest sportsmen (and women). I was a bit disappointed in the dissolution of the last campaign and the scattering of talent to other countries (although, blessed to have some of it here). Money talks, I guess, and I'm sure it's a hard sport to make a living. It's gonna be a tough cup for you guys, I think. But I'll pull for you until we meet.