Wobbly Chairs - Garelick Commander 15"

RubyLily121

Cadet
We have the Four Winns 2008 SL262. It has the Garelick commander 15" (SLIDER, 15" COMMANDER #78201-35 Part #048-1674) seats both Passenger and Captain. They both wobble. I have attached the picture of the original part and circled the bolts that are all loose (feel like they should be flush not protruding like they are). Any suggestions on the size of the bolt to repair them as I need to either get new bolts or an Allen key that fits them? They don't swivel so think we need a lubricant (suggestions welcome).

In addition, when I was taking photos I noticed on the actual chair what appears to be a button. Any ideas on what this may be?
We are navigating our way around this boat so any thoughts welcome.
Chair_FourWinns.PNG
Boat Chair 1.jpg
chair 3.jpg
InkedChair with button_LI.jpg

Attachments

• Chair 2.jpg
    Chair 2.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 4

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
pull the swivel/slide apart, you will find what is wrong.

the plywood is not factory

dingbat

Supreme Mariner
Very common seat configuration. I’ve had Garelick Sliding/swivel seats on my last two boats.

Looks to me to be a Frankenseat.
Have never seen a mount that didn’t use a spider mount to attach seat to pedestal. Looks more like a table mount.
Never seen a mount without large knob(s) to adjust tension/lock on the Delrin cup (swivel joint)

Looking at the bottom picture, you can see the “shadow” of what looks like there once was on outer tube of some sort which falls in line with the delrin cup “swivel” holder typically used on this configuration