WMA-4 carb rebuild

sbulla

Seaman
I'm in the process of rebuilding the carbs on my '86 Merc 45hp (OB110011) and have kits I got from Mastertech Marine.

I'm referencing the parts breakout in the manual and it shows 2 parts for item 23 calling them the "diaphragm" but when I opened up the fuel pump there is only one part next to the gasket (item 22).

The parts I have in the kit that match item 23 are different materials. One is a soft rubber material and the other is a stiffer plastic with a screen texture.

The one that was in the pump was like the plastic but there was no rubber item like the one in the kit.

Do I need to install both and, if so, what would be the orientation of them or do I just install the plastic like the one that came out?

Thanks,
Sonny

Attachments

• carb.jpg
    carb.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 0

Laddies

Banned
Re: WMA-4 carb rebuild

I know they send both diaphragms in the kits we only use the plastic as I have never opened a carb that had both installed

sbulla

Seaman
Re: WMA-4 carb rebuild

I know they send both diaphragms in the kits we only use the plastic as I have never opened a carb that had both installed

Thanks, the more I thought about it, I realized I had rebuilt ones in the past that had alternate parts for different carbs.

I put it back together the way it came apart.

Thanks again,
Sonny