Wizard 12hp info needed please

ebbtide176

Commander
I am trying to get model# and serial# from this old motor of mine. i think it was made 55-57, not sure. i found a lot of diff#'s on it, and wondered if some great minds here might know what is what... :D <br /><br />2924 >tag on top of clamp<br />S-1873 >front eng block<br />064 >top eng block<br />1791623 >back eng block<br />3835-189 >rt side eng<br />3835-1817 >lf side end,reed cover?<br />139-1883 >head,rear eng<br />carter N >carb type<br /><br />it was hard to make out some #'s. i am interested in a fuel pump kit, if possible. it bolts to rt side, not internal, and runs off hose from eng block, 1 line to ext tank, 1 to carb. <br /><br />i bought it from an old marine tech several yrs ago, and he had 'gone over it', and repainted the block. it ran good, but always died out at WOT unless you pumped the bulb. all the fuel hoses were new, along with bulb, i just got a tank with the single line clip. i read back thru here on the probs, and will ck the float level, bowl, jets and maybe look in the pump, if able.<br /><br />one other thing; it has upper, lower adjstmt knobs plus the choke, and i always forget which is which... isn't the top (to mid carb) low speed idle, and bottom (to bowl) the hi speed adjst?

ebbtide176

Commander
Re: Wizard 12hp info needed please

yeah, that's where i got the info it should be 55-57 yr class. i figured i'd ask here before there. ok what the heck, i'll post there also :) <br /><br />ok, its gotta be a WN7/WN7A same as Mark25 merc. none of the #'s i listed are shown, so that 1791623 must be the s/n, but wrong 1st digit...<br /><br />ok, 12hp=54-57yrs, 923251>up =1957 WN7A. i didn't realize i could link right to the chart at first.<br /><br />well, i remember going thru this @ 2yrs ago, when looking for info. i struck out on the wizard site, even checked the links. and a Mark25 was listed as a 10hp?

Chinewalker

Fleet Admiral

Hi Ebb,<br /> Your motor is NOT a Mercury built Wizard, rather it's likely to be an Oliver built version. The Mercury built Wizzies would have had Tillotson AJ-series carburetors, not a Carter. Also, Merc fuel pumps are bolted right to the crankcase of the motor and do not need a bleeder hose to provide the pressure pulse. <br /> Try the Oliver Outboards Cyberspace Museum at www.pfs-ware.com for information on your motor...<br />- Scott

ebbtide176

Commander

thanx :D you must be the chinewalker with all those old motors on your own webpg ;)