Wix filter cross reference for VP 4.3?

mvn

Petty Officer 1st Class
Makes sense. It takes a lot of power to generate 2000 psi. My Ranger's is in the same location, but under the valve cover. There have been some complaints about gasoline in the Ranger's oil due to pump leakage.
Mine doesn't use or make oil, so look for other things to worry about.
I looked up my VP's pump. $700-$800. Boat part pricey, but at least it can be replaced easier.
Not to hijack your thread but I got a new boat with a V6-280 hp directed injected engine last summer.....absolutely love the package. Quiet, super-responsive, not to bad on fuel, loads of power.......love it.

Mark

harringtondav

Commander
Not to hijack your thread but I got a new boat with a V6-280 hp directed injected engine last summer.....absolutely love the package. Quiet, super-responsive, not to bad on fuel, loads of power.......love it.

Mark
Yes, almost too responsive. My 250 hp is pushing a 19'9" 2900# dry boat. The throttle is so responsive/touchy that I have to brace my hand against the gunnel to modulate it.

mvn

Petty Officer 1st Class
Yes, almost too responsive. My 250 hp is pushing a 19'9" 2900# dry boat. The throttle is so responsive/touchy that I have to brace my hand against the gunnel to modulate it.
Very true, it's very hard to make subtle throttle changes. My biggest complaint.

Mark