With a tacklebox full of lures, worms, etc.

snapperbait

Vice Admiral
Re: With a tacklebox full of lures, worms, etc.

Lures.. If the fish won't eat a chrome & black or gold & black Rat-L-trap, well, the hell with em'.... Troll it, cast it, whatever.. Yep.. The Rat-L-trap is my go-to lure...

LadyFish

Admiral

Like a Rat-L-trap too Snapper, I have 4. My other is a Big Dog.

LubeDude

Admiral

Im another SBN, I use them as jigs with a short arm and small colorado blade or on rhe top with willow leaf or colorado, and single spin anywhere in between, I used to use the ring worms also, as a matter of fact, I caught my first plastic worm Bass on a Rebel 6" ring worm, I still have a bunch, I use a 4" Do Nothing when the bite is slow, sometimes Carolina rigged or split shot. The lakes I fish like a metalflake electric blue or gold flake. I like a 3" grub curly tail on a 1/4 oz. jig head too. I almost never use crank baits except for a rattle trap when the bite is hot.

JoeW

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Squid when I'm west of the GG bridge, otherwise minnows. I have to admit that I love the live bait. Probably because that the only way I ever catch anything.

Link

Rear Admiral

Worms work for me.. wedding ring with a bit of worm will catch anything :) However there is nothing more fun than casting and working a rapala near some Lilly pads with the moon shining across the lake. Mr Bass just can't resist :) <br />SPLASH! BTW a rapala is about the only rig I wont put a worm on..ok I did once but thats another topic

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

Actually I'm a rat-l-trap junky.. Got a whole box full.. Yep.. One box dedicated to rat-l-traps... <br /><br />Long time ago, wallyworld was blowing them out for about $1.50 a piece in the discount bargin bin (lots of chrome with wierd second colors), so I bought a bunch of em'.. The toothy critters don't really seem to care what the color is as long as there's some chrome, and since they just get torn up anyway, what difference does color make...<br /><br />Love the floating rat-l-traps....

crab bait

Captain

i love the mann's augersnakes.. don't make 'em anymore.. bought a box car of 'em..<br /><br />one-of-these-days,, a bag-o-10 mite have some value.. <br /><br />but hands down.. one of my all time freshwater lures are those tiny little 'trout worms'.. i texrig 'em on a tiny hook splitshot & cast.. will/can catch everythin' including big 'ole bass.. <br /><br />can't wait for the brown float tube pontoon delivery truck to pull up at my door :) ..

FLATHEAD

Captain

Originally posted by mellowyellow:<br /> but since the iboats musky tourney nears FH...<br />just can't beat a nice purple hair grandma IMO :p
--------------------------------------------------<br /><br />Dont know about no purple haired grandma, but I was behind a blue haired grandma on my way home tonight and I know for sure she could not catch anything. :D <br /><br />Sad to say I wont be making the big musky tourny in Ohio. :( Found me a property that I took a shine to. I am in the process of trying to buy the place and need all the time I can get to get my place ready to put on the market. Been working my tail off around here.<br /><br />Sure would like to see the boys getting those fancy haircuts :p

LadyFish

Admiral

I really don't think any haircuts will EVER take place Flahthead. They will be clowning around too much to catch anything. Besides, I wouldn't put it past MY to cut someones line. :eek: :p <br /> (btw the check is in the mail MellowYelllow)<br /><br />Oh yeah, and I can hear it now, Gonfishn will come up with some lamebrain excuse that the rubber ducky lure thingy is deformed or something. :rolleyes:

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Moving to Fishing.

mellowyellow

Vice Admiral

did she look kinda like this FH?<br />
grandmastraight_r3_c4.jpg
<br />purple ones r outa production?<br />he he he....<br /><br />note to M.Y... hide purple one from GF :p

FLATHEAD

Captain

Nope the blue haired granny looks more like this.<br /><br />
GrandmaMosesphoto.jpg

FlyBoyMark

Ensign

In the South Florida Everglades where I fish for them thar big uns wind the bites iz tuff: Whackey rig stick baits 6"-7" red shad wit green fleck, watermellon seed wit red fleck usin wide gap strait shank owner hook or any plastic jerk bait of the same colors. Castem and letem sink on thier own for about 30 seconds. They pickem up and swim about 5 feet away and sit and swallow. I catch 15 to 25 fish a day on a 6 hour trip. If they holden in the real shallows with cover near by, I buzzem wit black weed wing and med pork frog wit green side up. Double willow silver spinner bait wit white and chartrues skirt wit white swimin grub works good at the bottom of the canal dropoff from the shore parallel. Up ta 3 lbs they hang jus under cover wit thar tails to the sun. Bigger ones over 3 lbs hang in 3-6 feet of water about 2-3 feet from canal ledge watchin the edge. Favorite colors for plastics is red shad, june bug, black grape, water mellon seed wit red fleck and white pearl wit peppar. Cranks and top water, my goto's are: 3"-6" "ra-pal-a" black top white bottom and same for cranks. When its colder I like to use orange suspended tiger stripe hard jerk. The peacock bass are another story for another day.....<br />I forgot to mention..when its REALLY tuff I like to use them little itty bitty Slug-Go jerks on a UL rig...'day eatum up like candy when the bite is real tuff.