Wish Me Luck Yall

ehenry

Commander
Today is the day the Grim Reaper is suppose to come through our office. I work for the Skytel Division of MCI and there is suppose to be a layoff. MCI is cutting 7500 people. I'll let yall know how I come out at some point this afternoon.

ehenry

Commander
Re: Wish Me Luck Yall

I ain't scared, I've wrassled The Reaper before and sent him runnin and hollerin.

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

They are looking to cut 25% from my department too. We've been on 16-32 hours/ week for months.<br /><br />If I get lucky?? I will keep my job, but may get bounced to the midnight shift, Aaarrrg!!.<br /><br />They are planning a "meeting" for the end of the month.

mellowyellow

Vice Admiral

good luck EF,<br />I used to do alot of biz with mci in co. springs,<br />but then worldcom came in and stunk it all up.<br />1 by 1 all my old buddies either quit or got<br />layed off... hope you fair better.

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

They are looking to cut 25% from my department too. We've been on 16-32 hours/ week for months.<br /><br />If I get lucky?? I will keep my job, but may get bounced to the midnight shift, Aaarrrg!!.<br /><br />They are planning a "meeting" for the end of the month.<br /><br />Good Luck.

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

We had cuts about 2 months ago. Looking back, those guys may be the lucky ones. They all found good jobs already.<br /><br />Ken

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Yea ditto on all the above.<br />In one way it's good to have your own business. ;)

rwise

Captain

Good luck to all how work for MCI, news says that Tulsa location is getting hit to. About 200 jobs with an agreement to hire 160 by the end of the year. It was said this will make them hire 360 by years end, to keep their agreement.

ehenry

Commander

rwise, thats what I don't understand. Why layoff 200 then turn around and say "Well, we'll hire 160 at the end of the year." Why not just layoff 40 and move on. Why not just start at the top and cut salaries of those that make over 7 and 6 digit salaries????

jinx

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Good Luck to you EF. Is Bernie Ebbers still hanging around your neck of the woods. If you see him I have some worthless stock certificates for him!<br /><br />Jinx

ehenry

Commander

Hey, atleast you got the certificates. Bout the best you can do with them is keep them in your bathroom in case of emergency. I got burned too. I know folks that went from being millionairs to being regular Joes in a matter of a couple months because of the scandal.

LadyFish

Admiral

EF my thoughts and prayers are with you.<br /><br />I will keep my fingers crossed and think good thoughts. Please let us know how you make out.

ehenry

Commander

Thanks Ms Ladyfish. I'll be sure and let yall know what the verdict is when I leave this afternoon.

samagee

Chief Petty Officer

Why do they do these things on Fridays? What a hell of a way to go into the weekend.

ehenry

Commander

They do it on Friday's, I guess, so you can go get fallin down, porceline bus driving, snott slinging drunk and not have to worry about it.