wiring for radio

drhdres

Cadet
I just bought a 1995 1700 Fisherman. I'm trying to install a marine radio. It's never had one but is prewired (there's a wiring harness in the glove compartment that's never been used). I can see the power lines and two sets of speaker wires that go down from the glove compartment but i can't see where the speaker wires go. The power wires are "hot". Is there any any "typical" configuration for where Lund runs the speaker wires to?

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: wiring for radio

Not being a smart azz, but does it have speakers?
Maybe they shared the speakers with the radio.

drhdres

Cadet

It doesn't have a radio or speakers but I want to install them and since it has a wiring harness already there, i know the wires go somewhere but don't know where. I can't see the wires terminated in the rod lockers and hate to start taking apart panels trying to find them. I kind of assume that Lund had a place they typically terminated the speaker wires until they were actually used.

jema

Recruit

I have a 2006 Lund Explorer 1700 and also went on a hunting expedition for my speaker wires. They lead to the location directly behind the riser (face of the step-up) between the the main floor and the bow floor, on the far port and starboard sides. I figured this out after seeing another Lund with factory installed speakers located on the face of the riser. Not sure if this holds true for your 1700 Fisherman, but I suspect it might.

BILL THAYER

Recruit

i just pullin new radio wires to glove box. wires run from fuse box connector down to area where live well is in front of drivers seat over to in front of glove box down by your feet . round hole in face of step up. i could get 1 hand in to feed wires . a tube runs behind live well at top to pull wires. speakers and power together.up thru hole bottom of glove box. on 1997 17' lund fisher. hey i need a manual and wiring diagram for mine ,someone put in too big of fuses anf fried some wires. glove box is 5 amp.fuse. hope this helps.