winterise 4.3L V6 280 C

Tafflad

Chief Petty Officer
One of the steps I need to do is run 2-stoke oil mix fuel for 15 min.
Anybody has done that .... just interested where you pulled off fule line and connected temporary tank. (Line)

tpenfield

Staff member
Me . . .

Assuming you have a fuel injected engine? I disconnect the fuel line where it attaches to the fuel filter and replaced it with the line from the auxiliary tank.

Another way I have done things is to empty the main fuel tank and then put back a few gallons of the 2-cycle mix (fogging cocktail) and just run the engines straight from the tank.

Tafflad

Chief Petty Officer
Don't know of an easy way to empty the main tank .. I'll take a look at connecting at Fuel filter.
Engine is 2020 fuel injected

Tafflad

Chief Petty Officer
Yes it's stated clearly in owners manual 15 min on 2-stroke mix at 1500 rpm

BRICH1260

Lieutenant
Another way to achieve the same is to add two cycle oil into the fuel filter when replacing it for the year end.

Tafflad

Chief Petty Officer
That would be a bit uncontrolled though, as regards mix ?

BRICH1260

Lieutenant
That would be a bit uncontrolled though, as regards mix ?
It probably would result in a richer than 50:1 mix, but I`ve done it this way for years and it seems to achieve the same results with a lot less hassle. I always change my filter each year, it`s just an easy way to achieve the same result.

Tafflad

Chief Petty Officer
It's just been having a full pdi (yep after first seasons use) been with dealer 3 weeks .... so wont be touching filter at this time.