OK, I think I can top you lot... :evil:
I'm on the 4th flat of an apartment block. The temperature outside was warm today, at -10C (14F)... It's been as low as -20C (-4F). We have no car and the only transport is shuttle buses and the Metro (underground). All the locals speak and the signs are written in Russian... I don't speak or read Russian... Even if there was a boat here, the nearest ocean is about 12 hours drive away... And on these roads, at this time of year... Forget it! Oh, this flat, we are sharing it with the kids (2 adults and their 3 year old) and it's all of 6 yards by 9 yards, and that includes the kitchen/dining room, the toilet and bathroom, their bedroom and the living room, which doubles as our bedroom each night. And outside, is a metre of snow (about 3 feet)....
Now, who'd like to swap places with me?????