Winning the election at any cost.

mikeandronda

Lieutenant Commander
Writen by Hal Lindsey<br /><br /><br />© 2004 WorldNetDaily.com <br /><br />In the aftermath of Election 2000, angry partisan Democrats vowed to do everything in their power to make the Bush presidency a failure and to defeat him in 2004 "by whatever means necessary." <br /><br />In the process, they've managed to undermine voter confidence in our election system to the degree that the State Department has asked the Europeans to monitor this election for fairness. They've managed to convince voters that the election isn't fair because the voting machines are suddenly too complicated for old people and minorities. <br /><br /><br />There have been endless stories about Florida this year and how to avoid a "repeat of Election 2000" by improving the voting system. <br /><br />While nothing is idiot-proof, old people and minorities managed to elect Bill Clinton twice using the same equipment. It didn't need to be overhauled until it somehow misfired and elected George Bush instead. No matter how many times they recounted, George Bush still got more votes than Al Gore. Therefore, there must be something wrong with the voting equipment. <br /><br />Nothing appears to be above exploitation. John Kerry even dedicated a speech he delivered on Monday to the late actor Christopher Reeve. Kerry said he knew the "Superman" actor for about 15 years through family and dedication to the same causes, and said Reeve left him a long voice-mail on Saturday thanking him for campaigning on the possibilities of a cure for conditions like his. <br /><br />It had been originally reported that Reeve died on Sunday after slipping into a coma on Thursday following complications from treatment for a bed sore. After John Kerry's speech, reports of Reeve's death were changed to remove the reference to Thursday in order to make it possible for Reeve to call John Kerry and leave a long message for him on his answering machine on Saturday night. Evidently, Kerry didn't know about the "coma" part until after the speech, but his well-oiled damage-control team was already on it. <br /><br />A blogger on Free Republic provided one example of the "before and after" media manipulation that kept John Kerry from having another "Christmas in Cambodia" moment like the ones that keep coming up every time he tries to exploit the dead. <br /><br />And if exploitation, media manipulation and outright lies don't work, how about voter intimidation? GOP Chairman Marc Racicot issued, as part of a GOP press release, a copy of a letter he sent to the president of the AFL-CIO. As of yesterday morning, the only place you can read it is a website in Spain. <br /><br />In it, Racicot asked organized labor to end its campaign of violence against Bush-Cheney political offices and Bush supporters. Among the incidents cited by Racicot: <br /><br /><br />A coordinated labor protest at more than a dozen campaign and party headquarters across the country. <br /><br />In one protest in Orlando, the office was vandalized and one campaign worker had their arm broken in the melee. <br /><br />In Canton, Ohio, a Bush-Cheney '04 staffer was forced to lock herself in an office while another break-in was in progress. <br /><br />Gunshots were fired into Bush-Cheney '04 offices in West Virginia, Florida and Tennessee, windows broken in West Virginia and campaign staffers threatened. <br /><br />In Wisconsin, a supporter of the president had a swastika burned into his front yard simply because he had a Bush-Cheney '04 lawn sign. <br /><br />Disinformation, voter fraud, organized violence, outright lies, exploitation and media manipulation. Those were the principle tools used by the Nazis to bring Hitler to power in 1933 Germany. <br /><br />But this isn't 1933, and this isn't Germany. That stuff doesn't work here. This is AMERICA! <br /><br />Or, it used to be. :mad:

achris

More fish than mountain goat
Re: Winning the election at any cost.

Seems the election can't come too soon. I hope you all survive it.<br /><br />Chris...........

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

You right, achris. John Kerry has had more than enough time to spin his deceitful web. The problem is that his defeat will not shut them up. They are desperate for power.

pjc

Lieutenant Commander

speaking of any cost, I am soooooooo tired of the two a evening recorded phone calls from the Kerry camp expounding the virtues of his "plan" for health care, the single issue "we are not going to outlaw" your guns, etc and so forth. <br /><br />Worst is that the (EDIT: tsk, tsk) call when we are trying to put the kids to bed. <br /><br />Truth is that only the vapid "can't decide what my core political values are" folks are left to be influenced by the campaigning.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

There is another campaign going on. <br /><br />Our Constitution calls for the President to be elected by the states, each state alloting its electoral votes as it chooses.<br /><br />Most states give all electoral votes to the winner of that state. A few now pro-rate them according to the ratios.<br /><br />There is a movement on, in CO for example, to switch to the vote pro-ration system, potentially changing the outcome of the election.<br /><br />In a pure Democracy it is the will of the majority that prevails. That is not our system; we are a Republic. Our founders distrusted pure Democracy and sought ways to protect the will of the majorities in small states, agrarian for example, from the will of majorities in large, industrial states. That is why Rhode Island and Nevada each have the same number of Senators as New York and California.<br /><br />The system of electing Representatives to the House balances that, by being population based.<br /><br />I believe that our founders intended the President to be elected by the states, all votes from a state being awarded to the winner of that state, with a balance of population and location determining the final outcome. This is equivalent to the UK system in which the Prime Minister is elected by Parliment.<br /><br />As to this election, I think there are dirty tricks being played by a few on both sides but I don't believe either our President or Sen Kerry are behind them, beyond mouthing distortions and petty nit-picking about their opponent. <br /><br />The "Spin Doctors" are worst of all, putting dishonorable motives into everything they can find about their opponent. Sen. Kerry's mention of VP Cheney's daughter seemed intended to me as a gentle compliment to the VP and compassion for his dilemma, but has been painted as a cheap shot.<br /><br />It seems to me that responsible voters will view both of these men as honorably offering an agenda that we accept or reject, and ignore all the infantile finger pointing and name calling.

johnson-liner

Petty Officer 1st Class

The last 3 paragraphs of JB's post nailed it. It's all over, on the tube, in the papers, on the radio...and sad to say much of this board. People are becoming so passionate about their long predetermined choice that it's completely clouding their judgement...on both sides. From there starts the spin..and it goes completely out of control. No one seems to be able to look at what the candidates are saying for what it is, if the "other guy" said it, there must be some deep, evil agenda within it. <br /><br />I swear there are zero facts to base a decision on in this....they've all been spun so far out of control, they're worthless. It all just makes it harder to assure yourself that you're making the right decision. <br /><br />Although I've been of age for a while now, this is the first year I planned on paying attention to politics for once and going out and voting...it's become important to me now. Let me tell you....in my eyes right now, I still have no idea what to do. The more I try to educate myself on these two candidates, the more disgusted I get....I have no idea what to believe and what not to believe. The more I watch, listen to, read makes me think BOTH of these men aught to be thrown out of the country...but I also know that most of what I'm reading, watching and listening to is spun out of control crap. The only thing I'm sure of is that somehow, this lead-up-to-election process needs to change. It's extremly disheartening and discouraging.<br /><br />Time to go fishing....

one more cast

Captain

Thank you johnson-liner, <br /> I have tried several times to try and say what you just said.I just ended up deleting my posts. I am also totally disgusted with both of these people and their web sights are just as bad.

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Originally posted by JB:<br /> The "Spin Doctors" are worst of all, putting dishonorable motives into everything they can find about their opponent. Sen. Kerry's mention of VP Cheney's daughter seemed intended to me as a gentle compliment to the VP and compassion for his dilemma, but has been painted as a cheap shot.
JB, I think your penchant to be 'fair and balanced' ;) has failed you here. Mary Jo Cahill, Kerry's handler, stated that Cheney's daughter was a public figure, therefore she was fair game. <br /><br />That statement clearly divulged their intent in bringing up the subject. It would be nice to view today's political arena through such rose colored glasses but I tell you, what we are seeing is an absolute desperate grab for power. When you see stuff like this: http://rockymountainnews.com/drmn/election/article/0,1299,DRMN_36_3256347,00.html <br />and this: http://www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2004/10/15/14325.shtml and the list goes on and on.<br /><br />It's hard to come to a conclusion that 'they' (including Kerry) are honorable people just offering their agenda. IMHO, Bush's part, in all that you say, has been nothing more than to defend against these power hungry mad dogs. <br /><br />As for the rest of your statements, re, the electoral college, you are right on.

LubeDude

Admiral

If it was shown that Kerry and Edwards had a past history of being axe murderers, the left would still vote for them, Its just not about the candidates, its about them being in power again, and this is sad. I just cant believe that there is aproximatly half the country following this agenda.

lakelivin

Lieutenant Junior Grade

To JB, johnson-liner, One More Cast, and others still openminded enough to make an effort to differentiate fact from spin, please note the link below. factcheck.org is a nonpartisan group dedicated to doing just that. Very educational to identify some of the spin and misrepresentations from BOTH sides and compare it to the actual facts. <br /><br /> http://www.factcheck.org/default.html

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Every election involves one guy (or two guys) desperately grabbing for power, Boomyal. A candidate who is not at least asking for power is confused. <br /><br />Tom Jefferson and Alexander Hamilton called each other names and spun facts into myths about each other. Lincoln, both Roosevelts, Eisenhower, Kennedy and Reagan all grabbed for power and spun tales about their opposition.<br /><br />I don't think I have rose colored glasses, I think I have a cynical filter to ignore spun data in favor of verifiable proposals that could actually be accomplished.<br /><br />As to Cheney's daughter. I have a gay daughter, too. If Kerry had made his ststement about my daughter my reaction would have been, "Well, at least someone understands. Too bad it is a far left liberal and not someone from the main stream." No way would I have considered it an insult or an attempt to paint me in a negative way. Were I undecided it could have leaned me in his direction.<br /><br />Cheney's loyalty to Bush is admirable. It is his job to be so, but my heart cries at the personal sacrifice of his feelings he is making to be so. It is just one issue in the big picture and he, like I, considers it only a small part.

mellowyellow

Vice Admiral

great statement JB ;) <br />"Our founders distrusted pure Democracy and sought ways to protect the will of the majorities in small states"<br /><br />this statement speaks volumes sir... well done!

SoulWinner

Commander

JB for President, MY for VP, SBN for Secretary of Defense, Ryan T for Whitehouse Spokesperson. The rest of us for Congree and Senate.

KaGee

Admiral

JB:<br /><br />The move to reallocate electoral votes by state is simply an incremental step leading to what the Radical Left wants to do. They want to eliminate the Electoral Collage all together as an "outdated" system and just go with a popular vote. Such a move would reduce to about 9 states that one would have to win to become President. Which was exactly what the Founders were trying to prevent, as you have pointed out.

KennyKenCan

Commander

The move to reallocate electoral votes by state is an act of COMMUNISUM!

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Originally posted by SoulWinner:<br /> JB for President, MY for VP, SBN for Secretary of Defense, Ryan T for Whitehouse Spokesperson. The rest of us for Congree and Senate.
Hey SW, I wanna be Secretary of Defense!! Waaaaaaaaa Waaaaaaaa Waaaaaaaa<br /><br />
rdwhore.gif

achris

More fish than mountain goat

We'd have to create a new title for you John. <br /><br />Secretary of Attack! :D :D :D <br /><br />Chris............<br />(Foreign Minister???)

crab bait

Captain

now there's actuzation that bush had a superspy ear piece .. an was gettin' instrutions as what to say.. <br /><br />it plausiable,, it's notlike it couldn't/can't happen.. <br /><br />prez did look goofy.. as if he was listenin' to something in his ear.. or voices in his head :) .. <br /><br />an really noticed he had some quirky abnormal pauses in his rebuttal an KERRY looked over a few times like 'whats in his ear'.. probably a cow pie.. :)

rolmops

Vice Admiral

If you really think that the democratic party is the only one that is willing to go to great length to have power,you should critically read all the posts that claim this statement to be true.<br />Check the language used and the statements made and what you will end up with, is a very strong case for the republican party going to great length to hold on to that power,using the very same methods.<br />The sad fact is,that those who are making all these statements on both sides are probably not going to feel any difference in their daily lives,no matter which candidate will be elected.They are just swept up in a great emotional tide that is stirred up by special interests which do have a stake in this election.

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

True to a large extent, Rolmops, but so far, I haven't read or heard of the republican campain planning to sue over voting fraud before the election has taken place ---I have heard and read of this premptive ramp-up to litigation on the left. I even saw some black woman on tv news claim that the right has "blocked the black vote". Now, I don't personally think that an investigation is in order here , do you? After all, such tactical interferance is generally reserved until after the aledged crime, or at least the elections. Some of this stuff would be just plain laughable, if it werern't for the way the media picks-n-chooses it's report-generated stories for the purpose of faising our level of outrage.<br />It should proove interesting, as long as the election results are not skewed enough to effect the real outcome.