Windshield Height?

Greendiver

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Ok, so I've still got to buy the decking for my 21' Starcraft Mariner project that followed me home, so I've got some time to plan my console dash and have been thinking....
The walkthrough windshield could be raised a bit along with the dash/steering to add for some protection in colder weather. How high would be best if I were to do this?

tallcanadian

Captain
Re: Windshield Height?

Some pics would be nice so we can see what your dealing with. I'm trying to come up with an idea to raise my windshield as well. I'm 6'5 and can't even duck behind my windshield to get out of the rain. I'm looking to raise mine at least 4 inches, if not a bit higher. Good luck.

Greendiver

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Re: Windshield Height?

I'll snap a photo to help describe what I'm working with.

My windshield is 16" high, the height from deck to gunwale willl be approx 26", and a PO had made a spacer of about 4 3/8". With that, the top of my windshield should be about 46" from the deck. I would like to be able to have a little more protection and be able to stand while navigating without having to bend over to reach the wheel. Maybe elevating the seat, wouldn't hurt my feelings too much.