Windows Genuine Advantage Notifications

Mark42

Fleet Admiral
Re: Windows Genuine Advantage Notifications

Boomy, thats because you are not selecting custom install.

BoatBuoy

Rear Admiral

I believe WGA installs once and checks unseen thereafter for legitimacy at each update interval. If it passes, the Express/Custom screen may be displayed , depending on settings. If it doesn't pass, it will prompt for further steps to make it legit. Seems as though Boom's installation doesn't appear legit to WGA.

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

BoatBuoy said:
Seems as though Boom's installation doesn't appear legit to WGA.

So sorry BB, you won't ferret out a hypocritical conservative here. Copy of XP is bonafide legal, bought and paid for. After having it installed for a couple of years, with all due hoopla necessary to allow installation, this issue just started a short time ago and continued every couple of weeks. I did download it because I could not get rid of it.

Still however, I find it intrusive that MS is using the cable that I pay for to essentially harrass.

BoatBuoy

Rear Admiral

I didn't mean to imply it wasn't a legit copy, just that WGA doesn't think so. Sorry for the misunderstanding. Also sorry I don't have an answer for you. I agree with your assessment of M/$ intrusion.

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

BoatBuoy said:
I didn't mean to imply it wasn't a legit copy, just that WGA doesn't think so. Sorry for the misunderstanding. Also sorry I don't have an answer for you. I agree with your assessment of M/$ intrusion.

Peace:)

Mark42

Fleet Admiral

My copy is legit. And I install it on any PC I feel like it. And I register it every time. And I have never had MS tell me my winxp sp2 version is not official.

Go figure.