Windmill boat bettery charging

That old Mercury

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I guess i will also test the amps on my tilt and trim .
It may be killing my battery when i am using it . Lifting motor hauling loading etc. And if brushes are almost worn out it could be drawing high amperage.
Worth it to check it.
Thanks for the Comments
If i left someone out with a reply I apologize.

That old Mercury

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Update
I did not do much voltage /amp measureing , my meters would not connect to my app so i did it the old fashion way i ran two wires from the battery i had selected batt voltage i did not charge it after last trip was 12.2 vdc cranked motor still 12.2 vdc , ran it up to 5,000 rpm still 12.2 vdc. Last trip it was 13.7 vdc at idle and with multiple tests. This was with multiple test also never more than battery voltage.
Pulled fuse it was good . Voltage coming from motor before fuse 10 vdc , but only with the probe on positive terminal of battery, nothing to neg side.
So guess its voltage regulator rectifier time ! And not stator !
Well gotta check out wiring first pervious owner did rewire a lot of stuff in the console very badly and i have corrected some of it.
Gotta fish aint got time for wires all the time !
So i get motor back charging then see what the battery percentage is then looking at wind or solar battery charger.
And little Chinese motor no cranky either for the first time, so got 2 to fix

That old Mercury

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Update
I did not do much voltage /amp measureing , my meters would not connect to my app so i did it the old fashion way i ran two wires from the battery i had selected batt voltage i did not charge it after last trip was 12.2 vdc cranked motor still 12.2 vdc , ran it up to 5,000 rpm still 12.2 vdc. Last trip it was 13.7 vdc at idle and with multiple tests. This was with multiple test also never more than battery voltage.
Pulled fuse it was good . Voltage coming from motor before fuse 10 vdc , but only with the probe on positive terminal of battery, nothing to neg side.
So guess its voltage regulator rectifier time ! And not stator !
Well gotta check out wiring first pervious owner did rewire a lot of stuff in the console very badly and i have corrected some of it.
Gotta fish aint got time for wires all the time !
So i get motor back charging then see what the battery percentage is then looking at wind or solar battery charger.
And little Chinese motor no cranky either for the first time, so got 2 to fix
Just an update
Wind generator vs solar
Wind generator ! Too costly for me to buy one that actually produces the Name plate Watts.
Those cheap ones from everything i read and watched videos on did not perform well.
I just installed a cheap 100 watt solar panel kit yesterday.
So far its doing Great!
Went fishing today.
I charge the batteries fishing while running everything and so far they stay at 13.3 volts . That is where i set Max voltage or float while i am testing it.
Just left it on trailering it , and when i parked it at the storage yard.
Fingers crossed !