will this starter fit?

longdude17

Seaman
I have an old evinrude 25 its a 73' model, and I am tired of pulling the rope. I want to convert it to electric start. but heres the deal, I dont have a starter. I can do the wiring myself. I do have a old 40 evinrude fast twin thats probably a 65' model thats froze up, but the starter still works. Could I use this starter on my motor? If not where can I find a cheap one, and is it really worth the trouble?<br /><br /> Dustin

hondon

Lieutenant Commander
Re: will this starter fit?

That starter will not fit .You will need more than just a starter and some wiring for this.A new flywheel comes to mind.

G DANE

Commander
Re: will this starter fit?

Hi Dustin<br /><br />Besides from the starter you also need a soleniod, a bracket for the left side of the motor and a harness. The flywheel on the 73-78 vintages all have teeth. But I had a motor like that for years. If you clean your carb, change points and condensers it will start in second pull !! My brotherinlaw has it now, and it still starts on second pull when not first. These models have easy start, with eliptic rope lane on recoil starter. It will give you a little fittness - not bad at all :D