will never complain about my kids again

Status
Not open for further replies.

mscher

Lieutenant
Re: will never complain about my kids again

I see lots of younger people with tattoos, piercings, etc., working at good and cruddy jobs, raising families, even going to church.

All is not lost on the younger generation ;)

These guys are the extreme attention-getters, simply outdoing everyone else.

They may be nice guys, but family photos are probably a little difficult.

Hoss the Hermit

Chief Petty Officer

Hoss, you are out of line. if he really is you son, you have my condolences. we thought you were kidding. and i will edit the picture out.

No condolences necessary, no editing necessary. Neither he, nor I, am ashamed or embarrassed by his appearance, or his accomplishments. He's got a pretty successful machine shop going, takes a lot of pride in his work, and turns out a really good product. Work time is booked full until early July, by people who are more concerned with quality than by appearance. Chrome won't get ya home, Chummy.. And, bye the bye, I find it very odd that MY post was edited (i.e. REMOVED) for "bashing" when that was the entire point of this thread, bashing people that were "different"

QC

Supreme Mariner

Yeah Hoss, and if you had read my post (#7) you'd have known that I made a similar point . . . ;)

In all fairness and honesty we all know that appearance does make a difference in how we are perceived. No one needs to pretend these prejudices don't exist, and if you do, then why don't you go naked to the store? We generally all don't because it would be socially unacceptable. Where these lines are drawn are an individuals choice. But there is no way that your son or anybody else who substantially steps outside of the norm expects to be treated the same as everyone else. If he did, then he wouldn't be so obviously different . . .

Peace bro :)

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

it's ironic, i had been talking to some kids, about being careful on the net. you never know where something is going to show up.

Hoss the Hermit

Chief Petty Officer

Yeah Hoss, and if you had read my post (#7) you'd have known that I made a similar point . . . ;)

In all fairness and honesty we all know that appearance does make a difference in how we are perceived. No one needs to pretend these prejudices don't exist, and if you do, then why don't you go naked to the store? We generally all don't because it would be socially unacceptable. Where these lines are drawn are an individuals choice. But there is no way that your son or anybody else who substantially steps outside of the norm expects to be treated the same as everyone else. If he did, then he wouldn't be so obviously different . . .

Peace bro :)

So your point is, these are the only people that are safe ("socially acceptable, politically correct") to dump on, since it's no longer acceptable to do it to blacks, hispanics, gays, women, etc.? Everone should realize that you are better than they are, and if they don't, it's your duty to remind them? Well, thanks for enlighteng me.

Status
Not open for further replies.