Re: Will Ebay save the day? ? Pics Too
If you check the drive shaft P/N on
http://epc.brp.com/default.aspx?brands=ej&lang=E&dealerlocator=no the only years your particular motor shares is 1970-71, 85 hp and up. I have no experience with interchanges of these parts, I can just read the schematics. There must be a reason for having different P/N's for the drive shafts. Remember "caveat emptor" when buying from Ebay. Nothing wrong with it, especially in your position; but just double check the interchangeability.
After looking at your link, I was able to find a list of motors using the same driveshaft:
Where Used: [0384424 (DRIVESHAFT ASSY.)]
100193A 1971-->GEARCASE
100193C 1971-->GEARCASE
100ESL71A 1971-->GEARCASE
100ESL71C 1971-->GEARCASE
115ESL70D 1970-->GEARCASE GROUP
125183C 1971-->GEARCASE
85093B 1970-->GEARCASE GROUP
85093D 1970-->GEARCASE GROUP
85ESL71A 1971-->GEARCASE
85ESL71H 1971-->GEARCASE
115083D 1970-->GEARCASE GROUP <-------my model

125ESL71C 1971-->GEARCASE
85193A 1971-->GEARCASE
85193H 1971-->GEARCASE
85ESL70B 1970-->GEARCASE GROUP
85ESL70D 1970-->GEARCASE GROUP
Ebay does not have any of them for sale. Thanks for the heads up.
I was unable to google any place which sells any of the driveshafts listed either.