will can electric fuel pump work sometimes? cool fuel

skipper6567

Cadet
My 2001 wellcraft with mercruiser 350 tbi sprays fuel from tb injectors for 30 seconds or 2 hrs or not at all??? This problem started weeks ago.Boat would run perf for hrs then up and die,wait hrs and would start,go slower and would take longer to die. It now starts for 30seconds or 1 min or not at all,I hear the electrical fuel pump come on when I turn key from stop to run for 10 seconds or so,the pump will run for the 10 seconds every time I turn the key from stop to start, pump will run while cranking engine and also stay running if it starts. Pump runs for a few seconds after engine stalls,I can clearly see the fuel stop spraying out the injectors and then engine dies.I have single wires to oil sending units. I think i can rule out a bad sensor because the pump still runs.I have checked to see fuel at the carb by cracking the line and turning on key,it sprays fuel,but not sure of the pressure, also it must be making pressure sometimes because it will run for hrs with no prob and then nothing! I think Im a pretty good tech/mechanic but this one has me stumped,Im gonna get a new pump that i saw in an older post to replace without having to get the entire cool fuel system. Is there a diagnostics scan tool for this computer?Also the pump kicks on randomly when key is in the run positionand the injectors sometime spray fuel one at a time while the pump is running,the problem is that all symtoms seem to be sporatic and random!!