FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
when we pulled out the pontoon, my wife turned off the motor, but left the key on did we cook anything in the electrical?
it seems to crank just fine, its on a 77 johnson stinger, with a standard control box thanks
There really isn't anything under the hood that would be impacted by the key being left on. The Ignition system is independent of the charge system. If you have stuff powered on by the key then your battery might have lost some voltage. I would say no since everything is working.
Repeat after me: "I can't believe I left the key on. That was really stupid of me leaving the key on like that. I'm sorry that I left the key on sweetie, I hope I didn't do any damage, and if I did I am sorry. Would you please make sure I turn the key off from now on; I can't be trusted. Thank you."