Wife caught her first Bass on a plastic worm!

LubeDude

Admiral
Its hard to get her to try something new as she just likes to throw a spinnerbait most of the time. I found some active bass, and tied on a plastic worm for her, and told her if she was going to fish she had to use the worm. She watched me for awhile and then started fishing again, before long she got a hit but didnt set the hook hard enough. After missing a few fish, she figured out how to set the hook. It was a great evening to teach her, as they would grab the worm and swim around with it forever. Ive never seen bass hang on to a worm for so long.<br /><br />Had a great evening fishing.

steam_mill

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Wife caught her first Bass on a plastic worm!

Ah Lubedude....<br /><br />You too have introduced your wife to bass fishing. My wife will go out fishing with me when the fish are biting..... <br /><br />It's great fun.....<br /><br />We're on the water on weekends (cottage) and she gets a kick out of it....<br /><br />Just trying to convice her to go in the tin boat instead of the bowrider...<br /><br />Joe

BF

Lieutenant

We had babysitters... urgh I mean guests at the cottage a couple weeks ago, so I finally was able to take wifey out with me for the early AM fishing trip (couple hours, back for breakfast). We tried for walleye first, and had a few bites but they were bein' fussy so I said we'd go try for smallmouth. Wifey didn't wanna leave all the "action" but I veto'd her.<br /><br />Not long later she caught a 16 3/4" smallmouth that put on a big aerobatic display all the way into the net... then she understood why I was bored with the pickeral. Caught & released many small northerns, lost a few smallmouths. Just as we were saying we should go back for breakfast, she connected with a 34 1/2" northern. She had never caught anything close to that size before. And was completely buzzin' after.<br /><br />So, now she understands completely why I'm willing to get up early to have a couple hours on the lake for some "real" fishing before the kids need entertaining.<br /><br />Her fishing experience were tainted by the long boring outtings with her dad when she was a kid. They'd get skunked more often than not. In comparison, we landed 12 fish in 2 hours and a couple were beaut's. <br /><br />Nice when you can share something you really enjoy, isn't it??

LubeDude

Admiral

Just got a phone call, It was the wife asking if we could go fishing again this afternoon after work.<br /><br />I said, "WELL ALRIGHT, IF I HAVE TOO". :D :D :D