Why We Need Church

SoulWinner

Commander
It just dawned on me. I have been away from my church for a year. And I know this sounds stupid to most anybody who reads it, but it just dawned on me why Christians need to go. It isn't for the fellowship, or the sermons, or the music and singing. I haven't praised and openly worshiped my God in a year! I desperately need to get in there and worship Him. In the year out of church I have listened to some preaching on Cd's and TV, but I have not openly worshiped my savior in this time, and the gap that has developed between me and Jesus seems unbridgeable. I have to get back in there.

Link

Rear Admiral
Re: Why We Need Church

Well thats not exactly true there SW.<br />You have here and this is pretty much open to the world! ;) <br />But if you feel you need to then<br />Get R Done :D

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Is the inside of a building the only place that you "connect", SW? Or is it the people that are there with you?<br /><br />Interesting. I connect best with my faith where there are no buildings, no people, so sights or sounds of man's work.

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

"where two are gathered together, in my name...."

Elmer Fudge

Lieutenant Commander

SW, If that makes you a happier man and it somehow fills a void in your life, then go for it, each to their own i say.

txswinner

Banned

Soulwinner, You are correct, there are many references to worship that lead us to be together in our worship. Yes you can worship individually as well but there is that calling.

JamesCoste

Chief Petty Officer

In my opinion, God wants, more than anything, a relationship with His creation. A relationship takes time to nurture. God wants to spend time with you. He asks us believers to pray without ceasing. He invites us to read His Word to know Him better and to find out more about Him.<br /><br />To me, worship is about acknowledging God for who He is: Creator, Provider, Savior and Friend.<br /><br />I spend time alone with Him first thing each morning and try to pray throughout the day just as I would breathe. I meet on Wednesdays and Sundays for prayer time, Bible study, and corporate Worship (where multiple people sing, pray, etc.) <br /><br />I've been in Nicaragua building a church for the past 10 days and, boy, do I miss my church family. I can't wait until Sunday!<br /><br />Good for you SoulWinner for recognizing a need you have. Don't let anything get in the way of your attending.

wilkin250r

Chief Petty Officer

I've had some terrible experiences with Church. Not with my faith, no, but with other people. The hypocrisy, greed, exclusion, and intolerance just grate at the fiber of my being.<br /><br />Oddly, I find almost the exact opposite of SW. When I attend Church on a regular basis, the gap between myself and humanity seems to grow exponentially.

FLATHEAD

Captain

Originally posted by JB:<br /> Is the inside of a building the only place that you "connect", SW? Or is it the people that are there with you?<br /><br />Interesting. I connect best with my faith where there are no buildings, no people, so sights or sounds of man's work.
Jb I agree with you completely. Not being a big fan of organized religion, . I figure the only church for me is out in the woods far away from everything except Gods good work.. :cool:

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

I've always had one church. For the past 3 years, i have had two.<br />Both are as important as food and water to my existance. One is anchoring out in the middle of the Caloosahatchee River for a while, and talking to God.<br />The other is an actual church. While I agree with JB, that walls and crowd are not required, i believe that a church is needed by any Christian.