Why should I buy an AristoCraft ??

streetrods

Seaman
Re: Why should I buy an AristoCraft ??

Hey thanks for the great info guys.. I'm very mechanical and mods are up my alley.. Just really want a nice hull so if it has the wrong motor I could live with it if the boat itself was nice

dbkerley

Chief Petty Officer

For a right price, someone could always get mine and then I could start looking for the next one. I've got the only brown one I've seen.

streetrods

Seaman

Found the boat I would like to have this weekend.. Its a 72 with a 165 mercruiser white with red..just what I want.. The old man that has it got it from a family member who bought it new...

He says it's always been stored inside..Motor and lower unit have been changed out..still has the original motor not sure whats wrong with it.. Been sitting for at least four years needs a major cleaning... Only thing I saw that was missing is the side windows... It's on a dual axle trailer...

What is it worth? He wouldn't even price it on the phone..I had to drive 4 hours to look at it and he was like someone told me it could be worth $12,000 restored lol and I was thinking I can just buy a sweet 89 Cobalt for that : ) He finally said he might take $2500 as is... I'm thinking $1500 is where I would want to be I don't know...

One thing I noticed when I looked under the boat towards the rear is where it sits on the carpet/wood trailer guide the fiberglass is kinda bowed into the boat a little.. Is that normal for one that has set on a trailer so long?

dbkerley

Chief Petty Officer

Mine lives on the trailer and the bunks have bowed to match the boat not the other way.

ziggy

Admiral

maybe the side windows were just removed and stored... if really gone, they are available from AristoCraft.

$2.5K might be ok if it's original and in serviceable condition. fwiw, i payed more than that for Lime Time, pre recession though.

One thing I noticed when I looked under the boat towards the rear is where it sits on the carpet/wood trailer guide the fiberglass is kinda bowed into the boat a little.. Is that normal for one that has set on a trailer so long?
might wanna take it for a sea trial make sure it handles ok. sounds like your describing a hook in the hull. mine sits on a roller trailer. my hull appears to be flat, no hooks... agree w/db about the bunk boards. the boat's i've had on bunks instead of rollers, the bunk took the shape of the hull... imho, ya should sea trial it anyways.. if at all possible.

got pics?

streetrods

Seaman

I only noticed it on the right rear in one place the bunk didn't bow because the brace from trailer is right under this place.. Doubt I could take it out for a test run..it's been sitting in this shed since 08 will need some work I'm sure to get it going..

I think it's in good shape but it's so dirty it's hard to tell.. the windows are not there I looked everywhere.. Someone has painted the bottom edges of the boat with I don't know... maybe some anti fowling paint or something..it's ruff/textured..would want to remove it..

streetrods

Seaman

And no I didn't get any pictures...should have but wouldn't have seen much with it in this shed