Why oil prices are so high.

txswinner

Banned
Re: Why oil prices are so high.

Not that type of pipe thar ya t-sipper. Just joking saw your home. Can you guess mine??

KeltonKrew

Lieutenant

txswinner....you know them tu folks always think of them funny pipes.<br /><br />gig-em Aggies!

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

rarracer is right there is a large amount of Shale oil in the USA and Canada. Before, no one even considered much on how to get it out of the ground cause it is too expensive to get.<br /><br />Now with oil at 60/bbl many people are looking at it.<br /><br />Also, there are many many large pockets of oil that are just hard to get out of the ground or the oil is low grade, so they are passed over to get the cheap stuff out. These higher oil prices have made everyone reconsider these pockets.<br /><br />There are some good things that will come from these high gas prices.<br /><br />Ken

salty87

Commander

haha, them aggies never could spell UT<br /><br />not to derail this back on topic, but....<br /><br />hubert's peak oil theory states that as demand begins to fall short of supply, more expensive sources of oil will be tapped. a self-fulfilling prophecy too since the higher costs of refining inferior oil will drive prices even higher again.<br /><br />i don't think we'll see gas under $2 again either.

txswinner

Banned

Salty, My youngest daughter went to UT, but I was so ashamed I told all my friends she had been arrested on dope charges and would be in prison for 4 or 5 years!!!!

txswinner

Banned

To address the original thread, "Why are oil prices so high," I say it is those darn Liberals, especially that President Clinton and Hillary. They have been working to keep the oil companies from their just profit. <br /><br />Now us conservatives can permit the prices to rise and kick in an extra $880,000,000 just in case they need it. Let Freedom Ring.

D

DJ

SUPPLY AND DEMAND. Not something taught today.<br /><br />Keep in mind:<br /><br />1. We have numerous "blends" for different markets. Absolute-BS.<br /><br />2. We haven't built a refinery, in this country, for well over twenty years. There is a serious bottleneck in the supply lines.

SuzukiChopper

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Originally posted by DJ:<br /> <br />2. We haven't built a refinery, in this country, for well over twenty years. There is a serious bottleneck in the supply lines.
You haven't built a refinery there in 20 years, and the one here just got over 100 acres of new land and refinery the last couple years.<br /><br />Did you know it's cheaper for the refinery here to transport the gasoline they produce to the states and back again, then it is to drive 2 minutes to fill up the nearest gas station? Weird.

txswinner

Banned

This oil deal has nothing to do with supply and demand.

D

DJ

TXS, wrote:<br /><br />
This oil deal has nothing to do with supply and demand.
OK, lead me to your fountain of knowledge. :rolleyes:

NYMINUTE

Captain

32% increase in profits and a 14.5 Billion dollar tax break. I can't print my thoughts.

Elmer Fudge

Lieutenant Commander

Gentlemen, we are 5% of the world's population, we cannot go on to forever consume 25% of the world's energy resources without consequences, higher prices is only one of them.

D

DJ

Gentlemen, we are 5% of the world's population, we cannot go on to forever consume 25% of the world's energy resources without consequences, higher prices is only one of them.
True.<br /><br />We've been riding a wave that was going to eventually reach the beach.<br /><br />There is a whole new market coming into view-CHINA.<br /><br />Guess what, they signed the Kyoto Accords and HAVE NO INTENTION of honoring it. They knew it was a bullet to the USA head.<br /><br />They'll take ANY oil they can get, and they don't care where the refinery is. We do!<br /><br />They'll trade missiles, technology, no matter. They don't care. They have ONE objective-DESTROY US. Don't believe it, keep your head in your @#@@!.

txswinner

Banned

DJ 32% increase in profits without increased production is not supply and demand. 100% increase in price since invasion is not supply and demand. Quit trying to insult others with the name calling and inuendos and try out some open minded thinking instead of closed minded defense.

D

DJ

TXS,<br /><br />OK, let's NATIONALIZE all the oil companies. <br /><br />Get ready for $10.00/gallon.<br /><br />Our government schools, for years, have taught: profit/big business=bad.<br /><br />BE VERY CAREFUL, what you wish for.

gonefishie

Commander

Hey DJ! quickly hide, there Charlies all around us! Jump to the nearest bush. Kidding! But come on, where's your evidence? or are you just purely speculates like the weapon of mass destruction theory that a certain person in this country formulated. Like Elmer said, we're kicking our own behind on this one. This is one of the downside of free enterprising I think. Our country is so great because of it but sometime, someone just have to put their foot down and say enough is enough.

D

DJ

gonefishie,<br /><br />My evidence is HISTORY. Man has not figured how to NOT repeat it.<br /><br />I've found that explaining ones stance is a lost cause. Your/others minds are made up.<br /><br />Let's get the facts straight.<br /><br />1. Yes, profits are way up. No doubt. The question is, over what time period. :eek: The oil companies, among others, speculate, well into the future. What is reported today is quite often counteracted by a loss, six months down the road. BUT, we don't hear about that-DO WE? The same goes for Milk, chicken, pork, etc. Any commodity. Just ask Barbera Streisand (Movie-early eighties about pork bellies) She's an expert, or, was then-before congress..<br /><br />But, we males don't care about all that stuff that we're not pumping into our pick up tanks.<br /><br />2. We have a SERIOUS BOTTLENECK in this country. That means our refining ability. We're IGNORING it, to our own peril.<br /><br />Here's a REAL SHOCK for you. Yes, there IS profiteering going on. No doubt.<br /><br />However, be careful where you place blame. Our biggest jump in petro. prices was durting the Clinton/Gore era. Al Gore was HEAVILY invested in Consolidated Oil. Still is. Hillary made a killing in another commodities market. But, she get's a pass. :rolleyes: :(

txswinner

Banned

This is the man that ask for facts, I guess Whitewater was true as well. Where in the world did you get the basis for biggest rise in oil from Clinton era. One cigar and they call you .....monger for life. DJ if you arguement was not so sad it would be funny.