Why math is taught in school

sangerwaker

Commander
Why Math is taught in School<br /><br />Written By A Very Wise Man<br /><br />I was riding to work yesterday when I observed a female driver cut right<br />in front of a pickup truck, causing him to have to drive on to the<br />shoulder to avoid hitting her. This evidently angered the driver enough<br />that he hung his arm out his window and "flipped" the woman off. "Man,<br />that guy is stupid," I thought to myself. I ALWAYS smile nicely and<br />wave<br />in a sheepish manner whenever a female does anything to me in traffic, <br />and here's why:<br /><br />- I drive 48 miles each way every day to work.<br />- That's 96 miles each day.<br />- Of these, 16 miles each way is bumper-to-bumper.<br />- Most of the bumper-to-bumper is on an 8 lane highway.<br />- There are 7 cars every 40 feet for 32 miles.<br />- That works out to be 982 cars every mile, or 31,424 cars.<br />- Even though the rest of the 32 miles is not bumper-to-bumper, I<br />figure I pass at least another 4000 cars.<br />- That brings the number to something like 36,000 cars that I pass<br />every day.<br />- Statistically, females drive half of these.<br />- That's 18,000 women drivers!<br />- In any given group of females, 1 in 28 has PMS.<br />- That's 642.<br />- According to Cosmopolitan, 70% describe their love life as<br />dissatisfying or unrewarding.<br />- That's 449.<br />- According to the National Institute of Health, 22% of all females<br />have seriously considered suicide or homicide. That's 98.<br />- And 34% describe men as their biggest problem. That's 33.<br />- According to the National Rifle Association, 5% of all females carry <br />weapons, and this number is increasing.<br />- That means that EVERY SINGLE DAY, I drive past at least one female<br />that has a lousy love life, thinks men are her biggest problem, has<br />seriously considered suicide or homicide, has PMS, and is armed.<br /><br /><br />Flip one off? ....... I think not.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Why math is taught in school

:D

JRJ

Commander
Re: Why math is taught in school

Good one :D Thanks for the laugh.